The Older Older Man

stevewool
Posted
Posted

So this topic is meant to be Philippines related or in generally ?

Anyone anywhere

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Anyone anywhere

Well Steve, this is a Filipino based Forum so your answers will be Filipino based, Any other and I will join that particular Forum, Sorry mate but we must be right here. post-2148-0-73088600-1443785121.png else there would be little point EH? :no:

Just saying my Friend :thumbsup:

Jack :tiphat:

• Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted

It all depends on the relationship and whether or not the wife has any marketable skills that carry over to your country.  I can agree with the guys that say "never take them back to your country" if they have nothing in common with their wife other than financial need and servitude.  Surely those types of women would get bored.  The age difference doesn't really matter.  

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well to me it's a little different, I think I look after her, I do most of the cooking ( because I like to). I help around the house, didn't get involved with her so she could look after me, to me it's  50/50 thing. Many a time when we talk I tell her I am way too old for her but she seems happy, for the future who knows, Que Sera, Sera.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Very topical for me.

K got her UK Visa today. She is 29 and I am 63. Her occupation in the Philipines (talent manager in the movie industry, arranging extras and bit players) is non-transferable. 

I do worry about this, but we should have time for her to train for a career here in the UK so she can be independent of me.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I do worry about this, but we should have time for her to train for a career here in the UK so she can be independent of me.

Then My friend I truly think you are asking for trouble. I have seen so many Marriages go down the Pan on this issue.

IMHO The UK or Any Western country is not the place for the Age Difference to Not matter cos it will. Sorry Meth but I have seen it happen. I hold my hand up in faith it does not happen to you.

Jack

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Then My friend I truly think you are asking for trouble. I have seen so many Marriages go down the Pan on this issue.

IMHO The UK or Any Western country is not the place for the Age Difference to Not matter cos it will. Sorry Meth but I have seen it happen. I hold my hand up in faith it does not happen to you.

Jack

I think there are steps I can take. To start with, making sure that we spend time with people her age, not my age. Which I prefer, anyway. Next, being a good stepfather to her son. Above all, by listening to her, rather than telling her what to do. I am not looking for a carer; I am welcoming a woman whose company I enjoy, and whose opinions I respect.

In her own words "You don't need a daughter - you've got me!"

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

A young Filipina in the UK married to a tired or tiring old man is clearly a problem. If she is not working, what has she to do. And if she does get out of the house, one hesitates to think what might happen. If she's pretty?

Sorry I have to Disagree. The one thing we all ( well most of us) agree on is how Respectful and Faithful our wives are and if some will now Disagree with this then we have some Untruth teller( Liars even ) among us.

I may speak at this time for me but in the main the Filipina is adamant to her Vows. "Till Death do us Part" For me, anyone That can't agree to this and sees his lady Wondering about looking, has the wrong Lady

That's me Folksattachicon.gifwink.png

Jack :)

Jack and I are of one mind on this issue. Even if I treated my wife poorly and was a complete heel, I doubt she would ever leave me. A big part of these girls self worth and self identity is the strength and devotion to family and marriage above all else. She may not be happy but she would suck it up before facing the shame of not keeping her family and marriage together.

Mine has always made me want to be a better man - this really is more the norm than people may realize.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

She is 29 and I am 63.

All things listened to but I am spceptical on some, Now Chris 49 likes Case studies so, lets ask this Question, Who (if anyone) can give an Honest answer, How many Age gap marriages of these may years have made the Distance in the West? as I can give you at least 8.

OH! it is OK in the beginning But  the west offers so much in the way of distraction. One in particular based on the Film Industry, which I know will not follow here, it is what is leaned prior when the person was here.

Retraining will put the person back into her own age group but even if as you say you Prefer this there will be a Time that it will not be Accepted by them or the people she is with, to have you around.

My friend was a Documentary Producer and had at Beck and Call many such ladies that were useful. Now I am in no way Suggesting that this could or would happen but in that particular instance, there was a realization that there was life beyond the ageing Husband, This does not happen here in the Philippines, That is what I am Driving at. You can take the Lady out of Film life Life  But can you take the Film Life out of the lady? Once it is known she has some Knowledge of the Film Game, Things may take a Different Course.

Ask yourself this. Would you at 63 ever stand a chance with a 29 year old if it was not your Present Lady? I dare Say The answer is no. Certainly not in the UK.

Meeting a lady of 29 in the UK is not going to happen with success. Introducing the Age Difference now can go either way, lets Hope it is the right way for you.

I don't mean to be Negative but we must surely be Realistic about this.

So many Men come here  ( Asia) to have that younger lady because it can be but not to my mind, work the other way around.

Of course this my opinion only but I think you will find I may not be the Only one that thinks this.

Meths I do hope it all works but as with things we say here, you must at some stage take the Rose Coloured Glasses off  post-2148-0-11338600-1443790846.png :thumbsup:

Jack :)

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

So this topic is meant to be Philippines related or in generally ?

Anyone anywhere

Who is married to a Filipino I should have added.

O

I should really wait till I get home rather then try to write on this stupid phone.

Hay ho these things are ment to try us

• Like 3