The Older Older Man

BobP
Posted
Posted

These women are trash, sleezy and run like crazy from them.

Not true, no one in this group would say a thing like that

alarm bells go off!

Very true

The forum is full of topics about the ups and downs of the age difference that is common among members. My 6 alarm fire is to make sure you study, yes study the culture you are getting involve with. Several topics about that also. Before you do anything dig DEEP into the family relationship and dynamic.

Here is just one. Is your lady an older daughter from a large family? Not only will you be older than her parents most likely. But as the oldest she would be expected to get a job and support the younger kids through school. Or food, or rent, or medicine for Lola (grandmother).  We as Americans (and others) first reaction is "If they want to eat, get a job! What's mine is mine and your not getting any of it. " That's just not the dynamic here. You would be expected to chip in and help the entire family.

Believe me my friend that is just the tip of the iceberg. She might speak English, but she is NOT western by any means.

Please, please, please read and ask more before you make a BIG decision. There is lots of experience here, I highly encourage you to take advantage of it. 

:cheersty:

Thank you Scott.  I realize I need to do A LOT of thinking before making any move.

BobP
Posted
Posted

Are you saying that being with a cam girl automatically spells trouble?

Let me put it another way, because I don't want to insult your choice of partner.

If you are speeding down the road and you see a flashing red light and a guy with a whistle holding up a stop sign but you are in a crazy rush to get to the chapel where your hot girlfriend is waiting to marry you, would you stop and make a rational decision, based on what the red light and the guy with the stop sign is telling you?  Or would you rush headlong to the chapel?

The analogy means you may make it down that road just fine but all the warnings are there telling you to stop.  Up to you if you listen but the guy with the stop sign is going to yell at you if you fly by him without paying attention.

Thank you Dave.  I get it.  I am looking for something that I haven't felt in a long time and it feels very good with this woman right now.  But, I realize I need to slow down a lot and weigh all factors involved.  Thanks again.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
Chris, I would love to hear your comments concerning your relationship.  Do the two of you have any problems that could be  directly attributed to age?  Please offer any advice or comments that you wish.  I am all ears!  

Just seen it now Bob, I thought the thread was done and dusted earlier.

Gina is a smart girl, clever. But she does lack experience. At 26 she's not immature, and at 22 she was more naive but not immature,

I would bet my life on her. Then one day I went swimming. and swam out a bit. When I came back, she asked me about the existance of mermaids and if I saw any? How do you answer that and remain cool and calm? A lot of it has to do with a girls life experience. Plenty of 22 yo girls in the Philippines have 1-2 kids, but still no life experience.

It's sometimes a matter of how you cope with her and not vice versa, she is more likely to tolerate you, than you tolerate her over time.

As Joan Baez said. "Love is just a four letter word", In actual fact a relationship goes much deeper then whether you love each other or not.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Umm.

I'll be in a better position to answer these questions in a few weeks' time.

In 13 days' time I will be standing in the greeting area at Heathrow T4 with my 13 year old son waiting for his Wicked Stepmother and her 7 year old son. I'm 63, and K is 29.  It will be 4 years, 9 months, 6 days and ten visits to the Philippines since we first met.

I'm having litters of kittens and I know she is too.. that wisecracking sassy exterior doesn't fool me... :thumbsup:   

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

This topic interests me because I am an older widower, who plans on meeting a nice Filipina in-country. I'm also rather fortunate, as I have no trouble meeting, talking with, and flirting with the women here in America. The thing is, practically all the ones I meet here just don't seem like relationship material for me. I'm also quite satisfied in leading a solitary life, if there's no one I want to be in it.

Bottom line: I fully expect to spend some time in the Philippines, looking for that one-special woman who inspires me to ask, "Will you be my widow?"

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Update on my 23rd October post:

What was I worrying about?

It's been a month of pure happiness.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

I believe on the 45th day, you need to get checked.  The color blue means that you're pregnant!

Congrats Andrew!  

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Great to hear. That's the way it should be.

I wouldn't trade my position either. That's why I'm staying in good shape to enjoy a few more years with this amazing woman.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe on the 45th day, you need to get checked.  The color blue means that you're pregnant!

Congrats Andrew!

Well all I can say on that Jake, if Andrew does get Pg, it is definitely a higher level oflove.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1