Bullet Scam Angered Philippine Legislators

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Steve, as far as running for public office, you and I already pay people for that service. The public servants like US Senators and Congress representatives. Expecting them to listen to you still works in the USA. Thats where out tax dollars go. 

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Steve, as far as running for public office, you and I already pay people for that service. The public servants like US Senators and Congress representatives. Expecting them to listen to you still works in the USA. Thats where out tax dollars go. 

Thanks for your reply,Gaga..maybe I was thinking along the lines "...if I (meaning yourself) was in the position of highest authority, I would have handled this situation____. The end result would then be____.Maybe I wasn't clear. (just seeing the summary of how you would have handled this scam to it's completion(?)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Gaga, I was referring to you returning here to the Philippines, the land of your birth (I believe), and either running for office or working behind the scene to affect change. Taking your natural born abilities and the skill sets you have honed during your time in the States to return here to help bring the Philippines into the 21st century. It is obvious that you have strong feelings and opinions.

You are in a unique position to bring about change. All most of us can do is moan and whine about it. If any of us go to the Barangay hall and make a suggestion on how to improve things we are usually greeted with hostility as meddlesome foreigners (heck one guy got declared persona non grata for something he said on his face book page lolol).

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Do you mean to tell me with all the news hype about carrying bullets into the airport it's not stupid to keep doing it? All the warnings, there's apparently signs up everywhere but for some reason they still carry them. Remember nearly all admit to carrying them as lucky charms. No extortion there just breaking the law.

Not to resurrect this old chestnut (ok, ok I am lol). We were wondering why folks do things sometimes. Here is an excerpt from an editorial by : : Ma. Ceres P. Doyo in todays inquirer which I found very interesting. She talks about a variety of things. But this is what I found interesting:

If there is tanim/laglag-bala, there also is dala-bala by incorrigible (pasaway), superstitious, but not necessarily ignorant Filipinos. (The word pasaway, to describe those who habitually defy rules and norms, is now in frequent usage in Tagalog-speaking places, though it has always been commonly used in the Visayas and Bicol regions.)

Indeed, what is it about a biker or tricycle driver who suddenly crosses the path of your car despite a red light shining brightly for him and those on his lane? What is it about bus drivers swerving left and right despite a dedicated lane for them? On any dark night, stand on Quezon Avenue (or any city road) and you will see that seven out of 10 jeepneys do not have their headlights on.

Interesting food for thought

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
On any dark night, stand on Quezon Avenue (or any city road) and you will see that seven out of 10 jeepneys do not have their headlights on.
Many Filipinos say they don't put on headlights to save fuel    :lol: 
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Many Filipinos say they don't put on headlights to save fuel

You know I asked about the jeepneys not turning on their headlights. At least in our area, if the lights are on he is full, if they are off a person can see the destination placard in the window............still dangerous as all get out lol

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think this topic is about done. We are moving off in a different direction so I will close it some time tomorrow.   :tiphat: Thanks to all who participated with their views and opinions. :thumbsup:  

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

I think this topic is about done. We are moving off in a different direction so I will close it some time tomorrow.   :tiphat: Thanks to all who participated with their views and opinions. :thumbsup:  

Ah shucks Boss Man......I was having fun too.  Thank you for your patience anyway.  

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Yea boss..the stench from the burning rubber when I open this topic is quite strong. The wheels have been spinning here for a while-patience can only go so far-seems you have shown more than enough here... :cheersty: .

• Like 2