Bullet Scam Angered Philippine Legislators

gaga4
Posted
Posted

We have members giving reports on the goings on at the Airports and no problems, so please tell us why you think things are not Resolved or on the way to being resolved?

Jack :unsure:

I think I have already shared everything. This is going to be one of those you will just have to find out for yourselves. Enjoy!

Jake
Posted
Posted

Jake, you have your opinion and I have mine. You do not have to agree with me. The opinions I express are derived from what I read in the news.

Yes, I do have my opinions and I don't have to agree with you.  Many of my opinions are expressed from what I read from this forum.  It is an excellent source of the latest information.  

But I will let this stand, otherwise I may be charged with unjust vexation.

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

5 more arrested at NAIA for carrying bullets

MANILA - Five more people have been arrested for alleged possession of bullets at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) since Wednesday.

Dicson Flores Casco of Penablanca, Cagayan was arrested at 9 a.m., followed by Ernesto Fernandez of Sultan Kudarat around 3 p.m., Thelma Melchor Paragas of Binalay, Pangasinan at 4 p.m., and Rosalie Santiago Bulanadi of Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija at midnight.

All four were released with the help of the Public Attorney's Office (PAO).

According to PAO, one out of the four denied owning the bullet and may have been victimized by the so-called "tanim-bala" modus. The three others admitted using the bullets as amulets.

So far, the PAO has already handled 45 cases of alleged bullets possession in NAIA.

A fifth passenger was also arrested at 2:30 a.m Thursday. The Aviation Security Group said a caliber .38 bullet was detected inside the black backpack of 20-year-old Chinese national Yueqiang Xu at the initial X-ray of Terminal 1.

However, ballistics test result showed the bullet is not live and unfired, thus no cases were filed against Yueqiang.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/11/26/15/5-more-arrested-at-naia-for-carrying-bullets

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
According to PAO, one out of the four denied owning the bullet and may have been victimized by the so-called "tanim-bala" modus. The three others admitted using the bullets as amulets.

Good possibility the fourth was trying to get out of it by denying ownership. As for the rest, how ridiculous with all the media hype and then still carry bullets. Sounds like a non terrorist attack to me. 

:no:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I`ve heard of one  case where a bullet was found and it wasn`t at NAIA so I ask why is it all happening there and why are they not being found at the regional airports?

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I`ve heard of one  case where a bullet was found and it wasn`t at NAIA so I ask why is it all happening there and why are they not being found at the regional airports?

Because the metal detectors at regional airports don't work and haven't worked for years?

(not entirely a serious comment!) ;-) 

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Because the metal detectors at regional airports don't work and haven't worked for years?

(not entirely a serious comment! 

Hmmm does raise a question though. YES?

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

(not entirely a serious comment! 

Hmmm does raise a question though. YES?

Hmm.....perhaps the metal detectors work selectively?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Do regional airports fly to international destinations? No, I think so there is a difference in laws and when many of these terrorist , passengers get to international airports to fly elsewhere their good luck charms become problematic. 

• Like 3

gaga4
Posted
Posted

As far as domestic airports, a local engineer who was recently visiting his project in Davao flying back to Manila was "caught" with a bullet in this luggage. He refused to pay the bribe and was arrested. He had to cough up P120,000 to bail himself out. So, it does happen in other airports.

This upset Mayor Duterte of Davao who said he will make the perpetrators swallow bullets.

And btw, what we read are only the ones reported because they are ones who refuse to pay up.

This M.O. will continue until the authorities treat this seriously and the syndicate sees that those involved are arrested, prosecuted and incarcerated. Until then good luck in your travels.

(I am now waiting for rebuttals and disagreeing views)....