Bullet Scam Angered Philippine Legislators

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Ok, who cares what we label it as. It is still awful and what would be more helpful would be to discuss how we could help stop it.

Others have already contacted politicians in the USA and now this is a much larger story. Pressure from the superpowers will stop this.

Can you imagine if the USA or any other influential country threatened to ban flights to the Philippines until the situation is handled?

I'd bet my life this crap would stop over night.

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Ok, who cares what we label it as. It is still awful and what would be more helpful would be to discuss how we could help stop it.

Others have already contacted politicians in the USA and now this is a much larger story. Pressure from the superpowers will stop this.

Can you imagine if the USA or any other influential country threatened to ban flights to the Philippines until the situation is handled?

I'd bet my life this crap would stop over night.

Flights will continue uninterrupted, the powers to be will label this activity as they see fit, airport officials will take the steps they feel they need to take to quell this activity to ease the negative press, and travelers will eventually resume to their normal practices. I'm not trying to water this down, I'm just saying it is what it is and will evolve to what everyone hopes is a satsfactory fix to this_____ (fill in the blank as you-personally see fit).

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

OK now that I have read this topic let's get a couple of things or more straight.

This topic is now being watched 

Salamat Po, Boss Man!

gaga4
Posted
Posted

OK now that I have read this topic let's get a couple of things or more straight.

First, do not highjack topics by changing the subject, start a new topic if you wish to discuss other scams.

Second, I deleted blog links in this thread, read the rules. Moderators please enforce them.

Third, gaga, you have pushed your point on terrorism to the point I think you are using this forum for your own agenda possibly because you are Filipino so drop it and remove your avatar as it resembles what hacking groups use and is a symbol of something to hide to me.

Forth, When quoting news stories place a link to the source.

Fifth, Do not post with just a link and no text as by doing so you are not stating why you think the link is relevant.

This topic is now being watched 

Thanks Jollygoodfellow.

Not pushing anything other that expressing my opinion. The gravity of this situation deserves its label and in my opinion should not be downplayed. If I have any agenda at all it is to help stop this egregious act on innocent travelers especially OFWs who are breaking their backs earning a living abroad just to give their families in the Philippines a better life. Would that not be anyone's agenda?? Treating it lightly will not help stop this scam. Richieboy already suggested that.

Does my Avatar look better now?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Does my Avatar look better now?
Yes it does.
  • Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would try to smuggle in some bullets. Is ammo that hard to get here?

It just seems so obvious that it's a scam and corruption.

• Like 3

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for posting about this. I will be returning to manila this Friday the 13th and am concerned about it.  From some of the information I have found on Facebook and YouTube, the problem is mostly with flights going out of Manila.  I also wonder if there is civil action that could be taken against the airport if it is proven that a bullet was actually planted??  When the airport has to start paying for the scam, then the scam will end. Please keep me informed.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I also wonder if there is civil action that could be taken against the airport if it is proven that a bullet was actually planted?? 

I guess if you have long enough in time (although you can't from much from a prison cell to hurt them) and very, very Deep Pockets I guess anything is Possible but Remember, you would be taking the Philippine Administration to Court ( Given the Airports are Government Buildings)

On  aside to this, A friends Uncle is going back to Kuwait  Early in January, He went to the PNP Headquarters here in Dumaguete and asked them can you do a Search of his Luggage help him Wrap it and note it as Clean. HUH! Not our Job and anyway it will probably be all over after Xmas! Go Figure that my Friends.

Jack  :tiphat:

ps, have a look at this news article that includes a Video.

Boss and Mods this is News so I hope the link is OK?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I think the bad actors have started to lay low, seems like according to the news reports I have seen lately the folks that are getting caught are those who like bullets instead of a lucky rabbits foot :1 (103):  :hystery:

• Like 3