Bullet Scam Angered Philippine Legislators

gaga4
Posted
Posted

"Sacked" does not mean arrested.

But if you are happy with what you read..... I guess thats what matters..... 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
"Sacked" does not mean arrested.

Smoke and fire comes to mind

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

If the "authorities" really want to put a stop to this terroristic scam they would have done it already. But the masterminds are still trying to decide whether or not to kill the golden goose.  As far as due process, there is no such thing in the Philippines. 

And I am not making assumptions. I am stating facts. The fact that no one has been arrested just shows the perpetrators are connected. If it walks like a duck..... 

Hmm.......slick move.  Are you going back to your original idea of terrorism?  I thought that was resolved (planted bullet scam vs terrorism) when you were made to change your avatar.  Are you again, preaching that idea now?  

Meanwhile, you're advocating authorities (NBI, PNP, airport security) to arrest these individuals but they can't won't (If the authorities really want to put a stop to this, they would have done it already) and (the fact that no one has been arrested just shows the perpetrators are connected).  Did you just argued with yourself and answer your own question about why there are no arrest so far??     

Jungle Rules apply here again.  Guns, Goons and Gold are coming out of the woodwork, just in time for electing another president and re-electing incumbents that will grease the corruption machine all over again.  What happens if the big fish at the airport is arrested? What goes hand in hand with jungle rules, is the culture of impunity.  The so called untouchables.  

The investigation on the planting bullet scam, (and not terrorism), I think is progressing well -- in spite of the well entrenched corruption machine at the airport and buddy-buddy system with the investigating officials.  

post-686-0-29524100-1448462943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jake
  • Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I find it mind-boggling that there is a prosecutor onsite when the problem should be addressed by law enforcement such as the PNP or NBI by simply arresting those perpetrating the crime

I can not say for sure but if it's like my country then a prosecutor decides if a case has a reasonable prospect of a successful conviction before it can proceed to court so maybe it's possible that his job at the airport is to advise on whether to arrest someone or dismiss a case to save time? 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
prosecutor decides if a case has a reasonable prospect of a successful conviction

Excellent point....

• Like 1

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Jake, you have your opinion and I have mine. You do not have to agree with me. The opinions I express are derived from what I read in the news.

This incident is very concerning and unfortunate just by the simple fact that it is even happening. The airport is the gateway to the country and it is the last place anyone should expect anything like this to happen to them especially from a highly Catholic country and from people with a reputation of being hospitable. Plus, as an American, I am deeply concerned because Americans are laying their lives on the line as we speak helping to protect the Philippines from aggression not to mention the billions in aid given over the years to help the country. And Americans have been victims of this crime.

Fil-Ams I know who have recently returned from visiting the Philippines are livid about this problem. All are swearing they will not be visiting for a long time.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
The opinions I express are derived from what I read in the news.

Yet you chose to disbelieve what others put forward from the news.

• Like 2

gaga4
Posted
Posted

No worries.... if you believe they are resolved more power to you. Good luck.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have members giving reports on the goings on at the Airports and no problems, so please tell us why you think things are not Resolved or on the way to being resolved?

Jack :unsure:

• Like 2