Bullet Scam Angered Philippine Legislators

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Gaga4, you have the right to an opinion and this forum is all about sharing and learning to do with Philippines and Filipino culture. Good and bad.

It's clear you have deep passion to do with the MNL bullet issue. Please don't let your passion and anger blind you. Please turn down the strident manner of your conversation. Forum rules are simple and loosely applied, however it is expected we all play nice.  

Let's please not have another Cornflakes related incident. No one wants that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This M.O. will continue until the authorities treat this seriously and the syndicate sees that those involved are arrested, prosecuted and incarcerated. Until then good luck in your travels.

So what's your point?

Do you have one or are you going after this forever?. What happened to your medical studies to keep yourself occupied? "Good luck in your travels", well I tell you now not one member of this forum that I know of has need it so far.

Forever??? I'm not the one who posted about another incident.... and what medical studies are you referring to???? And yes, good luck.... as long as travelers are wrapping or taping their luggage that means they are anticipating being victimized. If you have not been victimized.... you got lucky.

And whoever wanted supporting info on the Davao incident.... it was in the news. If you missed it,  there is something called called google if I have to spell it out.... 

If we googled all the info we wanted it would be a lot quieter on here,It`s a forum for discussion and advice.

• Like 2

gaga4
Posted
Posted (edited)

Gaga4, you have the right to an opinion and this forum is all about sharing and learning to do with Philippines and Filipino culture. Good and bad.

It's clear you have deep passion to do with the MNL bullet issue. Please don't let your passion and anger blind you. Please turn down the strident manner of your conversation. Forum rules are simple and loosely applied, however it is expected we all play nice.  

Let's please not have another Cornflakes related incident. No one wants that. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I am not the one who posted that another incident occurred. I was simply responding and pointing out that this bullet-planting has apparently not stopped contrary to what previous posts have said. Plus also pointing out that it has happened in a local airport contrary to what has been said.

My passion for this bullet-planting is no different from anyone who thinks this is an unacceptable crime  It seems to bother some members that I am treating this with a much higher degree of seriousness as they do.  I am not going to paint a dangerous situation to look otherwise if it is a dangerous situation. If other members believe this is not as serious thats ok. As you said this is a forum where members are supposed to express their opinion. 

If I am violating any forum rules the moderator is welcome to remove my account.

Edited by gaga4

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry but I am not the one who posted that another incident occurred. I was simply responding and pointing out that this bullet-planting has apparently not stopped contrary to what previous posts have said. Plus also pointing out that it has happened in a local airport contrary to what has been said.

My passion for this bullet-planting is no different from anyone who thinks this is an unacceptable crime  It seems to bother some members that I am treating this with a much higher degree of seriousness as they do.  I am not going to paint a dangerous situation to look rosy if it is a dangerous situation. If other members believe this is not as serious that ok. As you said this is a forum where members are supposed to express their opinion. 

If I am violating any forum rules the moderator is welcome to remove my account.

I apologise to Tom, and especially Jake...I was the one that posted the new "bullet" incident. However Jake, I do not wish to be called "CornFlakes"...you may now refer to me as "Frosted Corn Flakes"....because they are grrrrrrreeeaaaatttt! :)

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
My passion for this bullet-planting is no different from anyone who thinks this is an unacceptable crime

Don't take it wrong Gaga, your passion is unmistakable, and admirable to a degree, if not a bit zealous.  

In fact, you are one of the very few that can actually do something about it. I sincerely hope you have your dual citizenship and are registered to vote absentee here in the Philippines.

What this country could also use are folks like you, who have been exposed to other lifestyles to come home, regain your citizenship, run for public office and really affect some change.

As you know those of us who are here on tourist or spousal visas have to be very careful with any criticism of the way things are run here. You on the other hand can run for public office and really help improve the county. If that is, you are sincerely passionate about improving things in the country of your birth.  

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Just an update - flew out of NAIA Terminal 2 on Nov 27 at 3PM.  Nothing to report.  There were still a number that plastic-wrapped their luggage, but we were not among them. As I looked around, I noticed that most did not either.

• Like 4

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Today:

The police Aviation Security Group (ASG) intercepted 17 passengers who had bullets among their belongings, 15 of them at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) terminals this week alone.

The other two were caught at the Naga airport and the Mactan-Cebu International airport.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/17-held-airports-bullets-000000136.html

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
The police Aviation Security Group (ASG) intercepted 17 passengers who had bullets among their belongings, 15 of them at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) terminals this week alone.

Good news, according to the article, four were freed the rest charged by the prosecutor, nothing about anyone being extorted. System seems to be working. Break the law, get charged.  

• Like 5

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I guess what I'm trying to grasp is that in spite of the syndicate setting people up to be extorted or arrested, why are people insisting on carrying bullets as amulets? I guess Judge Judy was right. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Business idea for Thomas here, pass the word that "Lucky Rabbits Foot" is better than a lucky bullet. Use Facebook, it will spread like wild fire............................problem solved :hystery: .

• Like 4