Bullet Scam Angered Philippine Legislators

gaga4
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess what I'm trying to grasp is that in spite of the syndicate setting people up to be extorted or arrested, why are people insisting on carrying bullets as amulets? I guess Judge Judy was right. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

I don't think this has anything to do with people being stupid. They are actually smarter than you think. If you keep up with the Philippines at all this is no different from arresting, convicting and incarcerating politicians for corruption  just to show the people the "justice" system "works". A month later these people are released to resume their old jobs. If they do it at that level how much more in the lower levels.... 

I bet if you follow the people that were supposedly charged you will not find them detained very long along with some winking going on.....

Edited by gaga4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Business idea for Thomas here, pass the word that "Lucky Rabbits Foot" is better than a lucky bullet. Use Facebook, it will spread like wild fire............................problem solved :hystery: .

Well. I'm animal friendly so I don't want to kill that many rabbits, but perhaps I can find it ok to pick four leaf clovers  :)

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I don't think this has anything to do with people being stupid.

Do you mean to tell me with all the news hype about carrying bullets into the airport it's not stupid to keep doing it? All the warnings, there's apparently signs up everywhere but for some reason they still carry them. Remember nearly all admit to carrying them as lucky charms. No extortion there just breaking the law.

• Like 3

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Do you mean to tell me with all the news hype about carrying bullets into the airport it's not stupid to keep doing it? All the warnings, there's apparently signs up everywhere but for some reason they still carry them. Remember nearly all admit to carrying them as lucky charms. No extortion there just breaking the law.

Jollygoodfellow, I don't think you are following whay said.... 

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess what I'm trying to grasp is that in spite of the syndicate setting people up to be extorted or arrested, why are people insisting on carrying bullets as amulets? I guess Judge Judy was right. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

I don't think this has anything to do with people being stupid. They are actually smarter than you think. If you keep up with the Philippines at all this is no different from arresting, convicting and incarcerating politicians for corruption  just to show the people the "justice" system "works". A month later these people are released to resume their old jobs. If they do it at that level how much more in the lower levels.... 

I bet if you follow the people that were supposedly charged you will not find them detained very long along with some winking going on.....

Jollygoodfellow, I don't think you are following whay said.... 

Well, here we go again.  Let's break this down boys and girls, shall we?  Steve made a comment about people still insisting on carrying bullets as amulets with his closing statement of you can't fix stupidity. 

And then you responded with I don't think this has anything to do with people being stupid.  In which JGF was asking you Do you mean to tell me with all the news hype about carrying bullets into the airport, it's NOT stupid to keep doing that?  

Are you questioning JGF in his reading comprehension?  Jollygoodfellow, I don't think you are following whay said.... 

It is obvious from the casual observer that you're going against the current again (remember your terrorism theory?). Look around you, you don't have too many friends here.  OR, are you doing this on purpose to generate arguments --

like what you said in post #170 -- I am now waiting for rebuttals and disagreeing views.

Bottom line, the people are not only stupid for bringing in bullet amulets, but they should be charged with felony stupidity.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Gaga4 you remind me very much of an ex member.  Please don't be that guy. You have had your say... Its time to move along don't you think?

• Like 1

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Whatever guys. I can't do the kumbaya thing if I don't agree. And like I said I was not the one who revived this topic. As someone had alrady said we all are entitled to our opinions. Make up your minds. We can also agree to disagree.

And if the moderator wants to he can take me off. I would but there seems to be no way to delete my account. Until then I will respond with honesty.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Whatever guys. I can't do the kumbaya thing if I don't agree. And like I said I was not the one who revived this topic. As someone had alrady said we all are entitled to our opinions. Make up your minds. We can also agree to disagree.

And if the moderator wants to he can take me off. I would but there seems to be no way to delete my account. Until then I will respond with honesty.

There was never an issue about who revived this topic with more information about bullet scam happening in other local airports.  My issue is with YOU.  Why don't you directly respond to my post (#195) because I don't like the way you treat JGF and this forum. 

Hey, whatever you say -- we can disagree but you're are becoming a killjoy around our little kumbaya campfire.  Respond with honesty?  Give me a freakin' break.......I have my honest opinions and responds too.  

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

My passion for this bullet-planting is no different from anyone who thinks this is an unacceptable crime

Don't take it wrong Gaga, your passion is unmistakable, and admirable to a degree, if not a bit zealous.  

In fact, you are one of the very few that can actually do something about it. I sincerely hope you have your dual citizenship and are registered to vote absentee here in the Philippines.

What this country could also use are folks like you, who have been exposed to other lifestyles to come home, regain your citizenship, run for public office and really affect some change.

As you know those of us who are here on tourist or spousal visas have to be very careful with any criticism of the way things are run here. You on the other hand can run for public office and really help improve the county. If that is, you are sincerely passionate about improving things in the country of your birth.  

Gaga, any thoughts regarding Scott's inquiry a while back. A person with your passion and drive would certainly get my vote (although I can't vote in the Phl). Your thoughts? 

Edited by Hey Steve

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Sorry but am not here to argue nor be confrontational with anyone. Just stating my opinion.

Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of the Philippine Expat forum. Are members supposed to limit their post and opinions only to certain matters? If someone can please point out in the guidelines where I may have violated the rules or gone astray I would be happy to comply.