Bullet Scam Angered Philippine Legislators

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Does this happen anywhere else in the World? I Doubt it?

Nice one Philippines You got a another Wining Scam, Engineered at the Top, Worked by the Middle, cash Collected at the bottom and all get a share.

I used to think Greece was number 1 now I am not so sure.They said in one article I read that tourism has not been affected. Maybe not by the people who had already booked but I know 3 people who have changed their mind about coming for a visit. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Nice one Philippines You got a another Wining Scam, Engineered at the Top, Worked by the Middle, cash Collected at the bottom and all get a share.

I used to think Greece was number 1 now I am not so sure.They said in one article I read that tourism has not been affected. Maybe not by the people who had already booked but I know 3 people who have changed their mind about coming for a visit. 

Well coming does not seem the problem, Like nearly all, Foreign or Nationals, it is Leaving

Jack  :)

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well coming does not seem the problem, Like nearly all, Foreign or Nationals, it is Leaving

Ye h get your drift but temporary visitors have to leave and the ones I know don`t want to take the chance. I think sooner or later they will jail some innocent victim over this just to prove it isn`t a scam.

• Like 1

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Here's another idea for any passenger using NAIA and their lawyers.... all travelers having to go thru NAIA, especially those victimized by the bullet-planting scam, should file a law suit on any airline that brings in or takes out passengers from NAIA. This is a known terroristic act. These airlines should also be addressing this problem. They should not be flying in to or out of any airport in the Philippines until the Philippine government guarantees that this scam has been contained.

So there you go lawyers and passengers. Such pressure should help resolve this matter quickly.

Spread the word!!!

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, I guess it is official.  Their written account of the latest scam to extort money is not, I repeat is NOT an act of terrorism, according to CNN officials.  And no I do not take this lightly and feel sorry for the innocence travellers. But they are still travelling none the less -- no official travel ban (not even from US Embassy) as of yet.  Unlike the European travel ban to the Sinai Peninsula imposed almost immediately. What's the difference?  Definite act of terrorism (midair explosion) according to once again, to CNN (apparently your official news source).

i will no longer post any rebuttals and I will gladly eat my words when those planted bullets are remotely controlled like an IED.  Then I will join the bandwagon and call it an act of terrorism.  

But not until then........ 

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

If there's a common denominator here (leaving), do you think possibly taxi drivers who handle luggage dropping folks off / as well as porters are in on the action?

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Here is a little snippet about Mactan so it seems bullets are not that uncommon

Report via Sunstar Cebu: AT LEAST 1,322 bullets and empty shells have been confiscated in Mactan airport since the year began, or about four such items every day.
Officials of agencies operating in the Mactan Cebu International Airport reported this in a press conference yesterday, to illustrate that the discovery of bullets from passengers isn’t that unusual.
But they also assured that there is no “tanim-bala” extortion racket in Mactan. The controversy began to develop 10 days ago when an overseas Filipino worker alleged that the bullet found in her luggage had been planted there.

gaga4
Posted
Posted (edited)

Why would anyone downplay this scam???

Just based on the fact these contraband are ammunition - it is an act of terrorism and the syndicate perpetrating it are terrorists. It has created an environment of fear for all travelers. 

Stating it otherwise would be like what Abaya is saying that it is being overblown. Overblown??? Really??

And for those downplaying this act of terrorism here's something that will get your underwear in a bind:

Airlines should suspend all flights to the Philippines until the Philippine government arrests all the terrorists who are involved in the bullet-planting scam at the airport and guarantee it is contained. This is a known terroristic act that travelers are being subjected to and airlines are negligent and irresponsible for flying travelers in to this dangerous environment.

This needs to be communicated to the lawyers in the Philippines so they can file a suit on the airlines.

Edited by gaga4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Gaga4, it's good to feel passion for a cause and share your thoughts but please respect the opinions of other members.   :yes:

• Like 2