Finding The Right Filipina Part 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Try these three steps:

1. During dinner, wait for a pause in the conversation.
  2. Say, "I know there are so many things we could talk about right now, but I want to know something. If I were to ask you, 'What's important to you, right now?', what might you say?" SHUT UP and listen.
  3. Listen to her answer, and repeat back the key points, in the order she said them.

This is an amazing way to deepen rapport. By giving her permission to answer you any way she likes (If I were to ask you, 'What's important to you, right now', what might you say?), she can just speak her mind. By waiting until she finishes, and summarizing what she said, you send the message that you know and understand her.

Enjoy dessert!

attachicon.gifanimal-the-muppets.jpg

OK. I did that.

She answered in a single word "Kieran".

Her seven year old son.

She should get a Gold Star for consistency, as some years ago when we were first dating we had the following conversation:

"You are a very beautiful woman"

"Yes, I know"

"I am old enough to be your father!"

"So what?"

"So what do you see in me?"

"Good stepfather!" 

Kieran was two at the time. 

• Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

See? You do know and understand her. More importantly, she knows that, too.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes Vince but he ( Andrew) is not a newcomer to here or to Asia in General. Sometimes we can Preach to the Choir and not the Congregation EH?

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes Vince but he ( Andrew) is not a newcomer to here or to Asia in General. Sometimes we can Preach to the Choir and not the Congregation EH?

Jack, you must have missed it. He asked a specific question about a specific situation. My answer was relevant to that, not 'schooling' him. Understand? Start reading here: http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/23801-finding-the-right-filipina-part-2/?p=167068

Edited by Vince Runza
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, you must have missed it. He asked a specific question about a specific situation. My answer was relevant to that, not 'schooling' him. Understand?

NOPE please explain

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, you must have missed it. He asked a specific question about a specific situation. My answer was relevant to that, not 'schooling' him. Understand? Start reading here: http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/23801-finding-the-right-filipina-part-2/?p=167068

Asked and answered but never talk down to me like a First Grader and change your answers again OK?

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)
Asked and answered but never talk down to me like a First Grader and change your answers again OK?

Do get over yourself. This isn't the first time you've either tried to hijack a thread or demonstrated you did not understand the context. I have to mark your report card 'Does not play well with others'.

EDIT ( :p ) Definitely, get over yourself.

Edited by Vince Runza

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Children! Play nicely!

You are both good friends of mine here and I am sure you both get the point of my posting.

K is  very honest - including being ruthlessly honest with herself. It is what marked her out to me* as someone I wanted to know better in the first place.

* OK. Along with the legs, the cheekbones, the sense of humour, etc. See, I can be honest, too! :cheersty:   

• Like 3