EU referendum

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What a pity this has to be on the Chatter Box but then Where? It is getting a good Airing Eh? :huh:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

What a pity this has to be on the Chatter Box but then Where? It is getting a good Airing Eh? :huh:

Yes it's going to world events as I have just read it now. 

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, frosty (chris) said:

I realise that, but this is before the market has even opened.

That is why it seems less meaningful. It's down because they are unsure?

If in a month it is still way down, then I would be looking for reasons. This is a priceless opportunity to someone to talk down British stocks and the pound. You take a situation with unknowns and add hysteria to it, then you place your bet. I'm used to it. My money comes from oil and if the price of a barrel drops a dollar there are people screaming it's the end of the world, that it's going to go $10 a barrel and stay there for 5 years. If they can talk it down far enough, then they buy it cheap and sit on it. If the world doesn't actually end, I think things will be clearer next month.

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
Just now, robert k said:

That is why it seems less meaningful. It's down because they are unsure?

If in a month it is still way down, then I would be looking for reasons. This is a priceless opportunity to someone to talk down British stocks and the pound. You take a situation with unknowns and add hysteria to it, then you place your bet. I'm used to it. My money comes from oil and if the price of a barrel drops a dollar there are people screaming it's the end of the world, that it's going to go $10 a barrel and stay there for 5 years. If they can talk it down far enough, then they buy it cheap and sit on it. If the world doesn't actually end, I think things will be clearer next month.

Well maybe, but all they have to do is short the market, or oil, gold anything they want and they make money. As of now the market has recovered 300 odd points but is heading back down again. In a few weeks it will all be forgotten and business as usual. They always over react in these situations

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

That was quite an interesting watch yesterday.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

David Cameron to step down as prime minister by October as we speak.

Heaven help us if Boris Johnston becomes the next leader of Conservative Government :omg:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Don't worry you Brits, if it's a vote to go, I will talk to the Australian Government for you and we will help ok?

Send money now mate hurry up I have no pilsen

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

That was quite an interesting watch yesterday.

Great bit of propaganda!!!  Very well done.  If even a small percentage of the undecided voters watched that before voting I fully understand the outcome.  I often wonder why they picked the name Brexit though.  The name connotes a stock swindle of years ago and may leave some people (like me) with suspicion just because the name sounds like that old con.  Read more on what I'm talking about here if you are interested.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I voted out, and what made me vote this way was, 

The vote in could not say what they would do to help us, all they was repeating was its better to be on the inside making decisions, but what decisions I ask,

The vote out was saying this and that and everything else too, and all the ins was saying that can't happen rather then saying this is what we will do,

Lots of lies and name calling from both parties, 

To stay in is the same as before but to leave is a gamble, but is life a gamble

• Like 5