EU referendum

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Jack I accept what you are saying and that is why I have told my wife, if we lose the NHS under privatisation, I would leave the UK immediately.

Life is what it is and like most people who didn't choose to leave the EC, Ludy and I will just have to wait and see, respectfully JB

I believe one day we shall have to a pay some sort of insurance policy for the NHS,just like insuring your car ,house or even the dog

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, robert k said:

That is why it seems less meaningful. It's down because they are unsure?

If in a month it is still way down, then I would be looking for reasons. This is a priceless opportunity to someone to talk down British stocks and the pound. You take a situation with unknowns and add hysteria to it, then you place your bet. I'm used to it. My money comes from oil and if the price of a barrel drops a dollar there are people screaming it's the end of the world, that it's going to go $10 a barrel and stay there for 5 years. If they can talk it down far enough, then they buy it cheap and sit on it. If the world doesn't actually end, I think things will be clearer next month.

Same here with the oil.  I sold all my profitable positions in the last 2 months and now have over 50% cash and about 75% of what's left is oil related.  I'm patient and most of those will be winners long term.

I'm only down a bit less than 1% at the open and I was expecting much worse.  I only have one EU fund and it was down as much as 15% but now it is only down 10%.  I don't have that much so I will hold it.

I'll be looking for some bargains later tonight but some of the things I had my eye on have already recovered so they are not that great a bargain..

Edited by OnMyWay

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Lots of money to be made now, but the risk is just too much for me.  I've been trading the GBP/USD for the past two months, but it's all new players now and just a coin toss.  This is my only source of income, so discretion being the better part of valor, good luck to you guys.  Hope it works out well for the UK, too.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

My dear old Dad always use to say "don't vote Conservative unless you have something to conserve"

Most working class people in UK have never had that much to conserve, therefore not that much to lose.

What's done is done. Some European leaders have already made it clear there is no  chance of a return to the EEC.

Scotland's leader Nicola Sturgeon has already made it clear, she would like another Scottish referendum and is planning

to approach EU Leaders, presumably to see if an independent Scotland would gain entry!

The ship has not yet started to sink, yet some have already decided to leave.

If I was a money man with money to invest, I would be buying sterling because "There'll always be an England and England shall be free"

Two world wars couldn't destroy this country, UK will rise again, hopefully in my lifetime, even if I'm looking from the sidelines, 48% voted to Remain not Leave, it was a close call and I hope our European neighbours remember that, along with all those British servicemen and women who gave their lives for their countries to be free. :tiphat: JB

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

My dear old Dad always use to say "don't vote Conservative unless you have something to conserve"

Most working class people in UK have never had that much to conserve, therefore not that much to lose.

What's done is done. Some European leaders have already made it clear there is no  chance of a return to the EEC.

Scotland's leader Nicola Sturgeon has already made it clear, she would like another Scottish referendum and is planning

to approach EU Leaders, presumably to see if an independent Scotland would gain entry!

The ship has not yet started to sink, yet some have already decided to leave.

If I was a money man with money to invest, I would be buying sterling because "There'll always be an England and England shall be free"

Two world wars couldn't destroy this country, UK will rise again, hopefully in my lifetime, even if I'm looking from the sidelines, 48% voted to Remain not Leave, it was a close call and I hope our European neighbours remember that, along with all those British servicemen and women who gave their lives for their countries to be free. :tiphat: JB

Watching the tv tonight and there was this chap from Poland, some leader of some sort, he was saying his father fought for this country in the war as a pilot , you have let him down , you have let us down, we shall never be there again if you ever need us,

Well if thats what one person thinks from another country what do others think,

All we are wanting is control, we dont want to leave but we was forced into this, was it just our money and our land that they was wanting , bully boys comes to mind well i say sod them all

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

So can someone explain why US currency went up to $46.97 P per dollar?   Or why the Japanese Yen went up? 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

So can someone explain why US currency went up to $46.97 P per dollar?   Or why the Japanese Yen went up? 

:89:Yes because Obama said he still wanted be friends with Britain

"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money"

Author Unknown

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

The above is copied from my brother's blog that I agree wholeheartedly with!

Benington
Posted
Posted

Brave Katya Adler, the BBC's Chief European Correspondent had the temerity yesterday to ask the President of the European Commission, at a press conference:

"Is this (ie Brexit) the beginning of the end of the European Union?"

Answer: "No"  Followed by swift walk out.

Well, the answer is no surprise. A certain lady once said: "Well, he would say that, wouldn't he". But the lack of any other words and the swift walk out tells you everything you need to know about those at the top of the EU, and why we should have no misgivings about getting out.

Not the beginning of the end, but rather the end of the beginning as those guys at the top will try to keep the EU ship afloat until all you can see are the flags of a few members sticking above the water.

Scotland: by all means leave the UK if you want, but just be sure the EU ship will be seaworthy for your voyage!

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

All this type of activity that Sander has spoken about, is not sustainable long term for EU. The old story about the goose laying the golden egg. Whilst I do not have a full understanding of the EU, about the only thing positive I saw was the ability to travel between EU countries trouble free. I do see the costs of touring countries such as Greece, Turkey (I know they are not in at this stage), France, Italy,UK etc. went through the roof, one EU was formed. I recall my first trip to Greece/Turkey back in 1980's and these places were crawling with tourists from all over the globe and it was still a cheap place to go for a great holiday. The last time I went there it was so different (2008), extremely expensive and I know partly due to the fall in the A$ but then, it was still ok. I know it will never go back to those days, but at least UK can be the masters of their own destiny and I am sure they will control the never ending 'refugee' flow. UK can look to the Commonwealth members for their trade markets. A friend of mine who worked int he cattle/dairy industry for many years was talking yesterday how when Uk joined the EU our trade in that area just stopped - so there is but one option. I hope Aus Government gets its act together and leads the way for resuming trade with UK on a larger scale.

• Like 3