Son of a whore

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not really anything to do with feelings hurt, it has to do with no point meeting someone who has made the rules and would just be a wasted meeting.

Don't you actually have to have the meeting to find out? Relying on the media to accurately and fully, without bias act as mediaries between governments is ridiculous. The only way to know for sure is a meeting behind closed doors. Can always walk out if it does turn out as a waste of time.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've heard various interpretations and have watched the video. One commentator explained that he was talking to the journalist and not talking about the President. Even if it was directed at the President he was talking about a man that is defended by brave people, some of whom he's happy to send to war yet he hasn't got the balls to face up to another person himself to get his point across. He's meant to be at the top of the food chain diplomatically. If he was any good he should use his skills to change Duterte's opinions.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Don't you actually have to have the meeting to find out? Relying on the media to accurately and fully, without bias act as mediaries between governments is ridiculous. The only way to know for sure is a meeting behind closed doors. Can always walk out if it does turn out as a waste of time.

Well yes but this meeting situation has been going on for a couple of days whereas first Duterte said he wont entertain any talk about human rights etc and wont be lectured. The US president was deciding whether to waste time having a meeting with someone who wont discuss issues and then things get worse when one has the habit of saying things they should not in public. I dont believe the US president has time for wasted meetings on his busy scheduled. 

• Like 3

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well yes but this meeting situation has been going on for a couple of days whereas first Duterte said he wont entertain any talk about human rights etc and wont be lectured. The US president was deciding whether to waste time having a meeting with someone who wont discuss issues and then things get worse when one has the habit of saying things they should not in public. I dont believe the US president has time for wasted meetings on his busy scheduled. 

Just don't interrupt his golf game for little things like the Louisiana floods. His golf games come before the needs of Americans during natural disasters.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

What it all comes down to is that one cannot have a rational discussion with an irrational person. 

Intelligent people know how to respect one another and heads of state should know how to diplomatically discuss issues.

President Obama did the right thing. BRAVO and KUDOS. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

What it all comes down to is that one cannot have a rational discussion with an irrational person. 

I believe Ed this just about Sums it all up :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Obama's term as president ends in 4 months.  Whatever he tries to do with regards to foreign policy, short of starting a war. has little chance of making a difference.  I suggest that Duterte knows this and may be posturing for whoever comes next.

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

His time was spent more productively having a meeting the South Korean President instead.   No sense wasting time here.  Great call by President Obama! :tiphat:

...and next time the PIs has to crawl to the US for help I hope they remind them of this... oh, no, our diplomats are too diplomatic for that ha ha.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I suggest that Duterte knows this and may be posturing for whoever comes next.

:89: Well if we are to believe all we read, He will have a good Target who ever gets to the White House :shades: 

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic