Son of a whore

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Robert, based on that post you must be a Republican that was born and raised in Texas! I was not a fan of LBJ, I always suspected that he was somehow involved in JFK's demise. You are correct LBJ did have a foul mouth as did Nixon, but back in those days we didn't have 24/7 news cycle and off color remarks were rarely quoted by the press.

Actually I flip flop between Libertarian and Rational Anarchist. Rational Anarchists believe that man being an imperfect animal that there must be laws. You make all the laws you need to be safe and comfortable and I will obey all the ones I agree with and those that don't personally inconvenience me greatly.

• Like 2

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

The United States needs the Philippines more than the Philippines need the United States. Look how long they put up with Marco's actions. The United States begged to return to the Philippines, not the other way around.

Surely you jest! If, God forbid, if the 7000 plus islands of the Philippines were to disappear into the Pacific Ocean tomorrow, it would have zero effect of the US!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

The United States needs the Philippines more than the Philippines need the United States. Look how long they put up with Marco's actions. The United States begged to return to the Philippines, not the other way around.

Not even close. Since the bases were mostly closed we really don't the PIs for much of anything.  We have other options for our fleet.  There was nothing in Marcos's actions to put up with really. As long as our puppets keep peace (for the most part) we don't care how they run their countries.

• Like 2

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Not even close. Since the bases were mostly closed we really don't the PIs for much of anything.  We have other options for our fleet.  There was nothing in Marcos's actions to put up with really. As long as our puppets keep peace (for the most part) we don't care how they run their countries.

Maybe you should educate yourself on the importance of the Philippines to the United States. http://thediplomat.com/2016/04/why-the-philippines-is-critical-to-the-us-rebalance-to-asia/

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Surely you jest! If, God forbid, if the 7000 plus islands of the Philippines were to disappear into the Pacific Ocean tomorrow, it would have zero effect of the US!

Educate yourself before making stupid replies. http://thediplomat.com/2016/04/why-the-philippines-is-critical-to-the-us-rebalance-to-asia/

Moderator's edit:  The term "stupid reply is uncalled for".  Thank you for posting but lets keep calm and allow others their opinion.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ram1957 said:

Educate yourself before making stupid replies

Was an ad hominem attack really necessary? Try to act like an adult on this forum please.......

Moderators edit:  His post was noted.  Your reply is noted.  Future posts about it will be deleted. 

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Nephi
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, intrepid said:

Maybe a little sorry or  misunderstanding;

“While the immediate cause was my strong comments to certain press questions that elicited concern and distress, we also regret it came across as a personal attack on the US president. Our primary intention is to chart an independent foreign policy while promoting closer ties with all nations, especially the US with which we had had a longstanding partnership,” Duterte said in a statement.

“We look forward to ironing out differences arising out of national priorities and perceptions, and working in mutually responsible ways for both countries,” he added.

the full story here:    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/06/philippines-leader-duterte-expresses-regret-over-foul-mouthed-obama-comments.html

They say you only get one change to make a good first impression. If that is so, then the new Philippines president really blew his change at it. All day long I have read of this incident on most every conceivable news outlet. Truly makes himself look like a second rate hatchet man and makes his country look even worse. Considering what the rest of the world including the US has done and continues to do for the Philippines; if I were Filipino, I would truly be ashamed to be so today. On a world stage this president truly gave himself and his country a black eye. Obama? I don't care for him at all but he did (in public at least) handle it in a direct and tasteful way.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Getting interesting.  :popcorn:

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Nephi said:

They say you only get one change to make a good first impression. If that is so, then the new Philippines president really blew his change at it. All day long I have read of this incident on most every conceivable news outlet. Truly makes himself look like a second rate hatchet man and makes his country look even worse. Considering what the rest of the world including the US has done and continues to do for the Philippines; if I were Filipino, I would truly be ashamed to be so today. On a world stage this president truly gave himself and his country a black eye. Obama? I don't care for him at all but he did (in public at least) handle it in a direct and tasteful way.

Bingo! Give Nephi a prize!

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Besides, I never let the facts get in the way of a good argument.:shades:

Interesting, I have been known to flip sides mid-argument just to keep it going. I have also stated something with obvious flaws for the same reason? Why, entertainment value and expressing all sides of an issue.

In this case I still have not found the original comments made by President Duterte, and I certainly do Not trust the media to provide context and an accurate translation. The media's mandate is to make money for the corporation's shareholders, not provide unbiased truth.

Edited by AlwaysRt
  • Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic