Son of a whore

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

And now I will report my own post as political.

I'm surprised we got this far! :hystery:

What about what he said about my leader Pope Francis....:hystery:

Enlightenment is a wonderful thing, grasshopper. :tiphat:

• Like 4

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

Barry is presently being disrespected by the Chinese at the moment. Why shouldn't Duterte say how he feels? Many here have already agreed that the US ambassador was trying to influence the election. Sometimes when you make an enemy of someone it's not just politics as usual and they aren't going to get over it. I think Barry and his choice of ambassador didn't understand the culture where grudges are carefully held until they die of old age whereupon they are taken to the taxidermist and stuffed as a reminder.

There are no excuses for Duterte's behavior. Let us face the facts. This man is not Presidential timber in any way, shape, or form. How the Filipino people elected this megalomaniac is beyond me. Alienating the most powerful man in the free world is not a wise move, especially with the Chinese flexing their muscles in the South China Seas. IMO, the man is a global embarrassment to all Philippine people.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I actually like when leaders use "colorful" language. LB Johnson was known to do so, although generally not in front of reporters...but not always. The reporters of that time would turn a deaf ear and not report it.

Duterte may be a bit abrasive but I would rather have ugliest truth than the most polished lie someone could come up with.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

Alienating the most powerful man in the free world is not a wise move, especially with the Chinese flexing their muscles in the South China Seas.

I agree with this bit. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, robert k said:

I actually like when leaders use "colorful" language

I think that "son of a whore" crosses the "colorful language" boundary.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
Just now, Mr. Bobo said:

I think that "son of a whore" crosses the "colorful language" boundary.

You are probably unaware of what Johnson said or that he like to expose himself to people. Compared to him, Duterte is a class act.

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

There are no excuses for Duterte's behavior. Let us face the facts. This man is not Presidential timber in any way, shape, or form. How the Filipino people elected this megalomaniac is beyond me. Alienating the most powerful man in the free world is not a wise move, especially with the Chinese flexing their muscles in the South China Seas. IMO, the man is a global embarrassment to all Philippine people.

The United States needs the Philippines more than the Philippines need the United States. Look how long they put up with Marco's actions. The United States begged to return to the Philippines, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

OK, here we go again.

I realize that this involves BOTH Philippines and U.S. politics.  However, several of you have turned it into a for or against Obama topic, and this is not what we are supposed to discuss.

It piss*s me off that some are allowed to express their U.S. political opinions, repeatedly, and I continue to bite my tongue.  Here is what I will do.  I'm going to offer my services to Duterte as a writer.  I have some very colorful language to describe Obama, but not on this forum.  Perhaps Duterte can use it.

The U.S election is in a few months away and it is going to get nasty.  Find another forum to discuss it so we can keep this one friendly and Philippine related.  JGF has a very good reason for banning heavy political topics and I am sure it came from experiences with members really getting into it.

And now I will report my own post as political.

This is a difficult one as it touches on both Philippines politics and US which makes it hard to discuss one way or another so let's not make it a for or against topic or express any political preferences or dislikes. Now I am not closing this topic just yet but it's the second time today I have been called into it and quite frankly I dont have the time as I much to do with my moving and the little bit of free time I have I dont feel like sorting out problems here. 

• Like 3

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

You are probably unaware of what Johnson said or that he like to expose himself to people. Compared to him, Duterte is a class act.

Robert, based on that post you must be a Republican that was born and raised in Texas! I was not a fan of LBJ, I always suspected that he was somehow involved in JFK's demise. You are correct LBJ did have a foul mouth as did Nixon, but back in those days we didn't have 24/7 news cycle and off color remarks were rarely quoted by the press.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic