London terror attack

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, robert k said:

Should we start a donate your old used dumb phone for Britain then? 

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg  words not necessary 

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2017 at 9:11 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

In Philippines, we call ourselves expats instead of immigrants.  I have heard some say that the difference is immigrants want to get all the benefits of the system and take the good jobs, while expats come here with their own money and don't use the social welfare system.

I see that some of us expats are married here and working in Philippines.  I see some of us complaining about not being able to get PhilHealth for local prices or not being able to get a senior's card or not being able to own cheap housing in our own name so it seems to me that expats are not all that different from immigrants.

So now I have your attention, if a few expats decided to terrorize some locals, how long would it take before we were booted out of this country.  Not too long, I expect. Duterte would start racial profiling in a heartbeat.  If a few white protestant terrorists were on the loose in Manila he would kick out all white foreigners, or such is my belief.

I don't believe in blaming all immigrants for the problems of a few but I see the appeal of racial/ethnic profiling.  If a certain group (and we know I mean Muslim immigrants) are causing 99% of the terrorist problems then profile the whole group and send them back where they came from because they are obviously square pegs trying to fit in round holes.

(I don't seriously believe this would work any better than trying to send blacks back to Africa during periods of racial tension in the US in the 1900s but it makes me feel better to spout off) :56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

Would kick out those folks that were still alive.  Hope he doesn't relocate near you, eh?

Would we not be immigrants if Fil and our home countries offered dual citizenship?

It truly is a shame that the 10% of Muslims that are fine people have their live turned upside down by the 90%  who wish to take my head.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2017 at 9:19 PM, jpbago said:

I was at the airport the other day sitting near the security. If a Filipino came thru, they were just waved on but when a foreigner, whether it be young pretty Chinese girls or middle age Muslims, or Americans, they were asked to remove their shoes, take their belts off, let their hair down, and were hand frisked.

What airport, here we all take our belts off and remove our shoes (shoe bomber) then walk through a it won't hurt you x-ray machine (underwear bomber) I really hope they don't try a SUPPOSITORY bomber.  Yeah, your average Filipino, Caucasian, and Black maybe waved through but I would wager you are wrong (if I was working I would be certain) that along with that pretty Chinese girl, all the young Filipinas, and Americans and even some Canucks would be hand frisked.        

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You mean like getting rid of all the virgins waiting for them in paradise after they blow themselves up?

Educate the terrorists that if the virgins made it to paradise without getting laid, it meant no one wanted them while they were alive, so why in heck would they want them after they had died?

YES and they probably smell bad too.  Though with those burkas they may be used to it. 

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

There were reports, possibly apocryphal, that Pershing ordered insurgents be buried wrapped in pig skins during the Moro Rebellion in the 1900s. Didn't seem to deter them since they fought the US forces up until WWII. Then they switched their attention to the Japanese....

That was after the 1911 was invented, back when we treated our enemies with honor not like President Trump who politically incorrectly wish to keep them out. It is an obvious attempt to save ammunition in order to do something stupid like lower taxes.  

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

I think Billy Connolly had the ultimate say on that "Who wants 72 virgins? Give me two roaring sluts."

Good man that, no sense in using the entire 4th grade.

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg  words not necessary 

Jack, if someone is intimating that the police couldn't be reached? The police responded on the scene in 8 minutes, I think they are answering the phone.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

Jack, if someone is intimating that the police couldn't be reached? The police responded on the scene in 8 minutes, I think they are answering the phone.

Yes exactly, so why the remark about "Dumb Phones"

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

Should we start a donate your old used dumb phone for Britain then? 

Not sure what you mean by that?

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Not sure what you mean by that?

Here is the post I was replying to:"I think the neighbours had tried to speak to the police but could find one because Saint Teresa  had sacked them all whilst she was home secutary"

The poster I was replying to said there were no police around to report the terrorists to? I'm pretty sure that would be a negative. Even if it were true? I would expect there are a few phones around. But if there really are no phones? I would certainly be in favor of rounding up a bunch of minimal phones to report terrorists with.

I noted that the police were on the scene in 8 minutes. I would like to be sure that the tens of thousands, veritable multitudes, of people who would like to turn in any terrorists have a phone with which to do it....since there are no police to tell.:whistling:

Edited by robert k