Philippine bound

mogo51
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Enjoy Ron, give us all a heads up how you are travelling there, your moving experience, the ups and downs, feed back for the likes of us moving a little further north always appreciated, ha, all the ground work will be done, just need to pick your brain and hope you like the area, too late for us as we have purchased. Good luck with motorbike, again good local info for us, did/have you considered a car? Bagio, Vigan, Pagadpud, Cagayan etc. Or even the drive to Candon to visit the relatives? 

Don't forget to enquire about the price if available for a unit there for a month next Feb/Mar 2018. Regardless hope to catch up/meet and chew the fat.

Cheers, Steve.

'Picking my brain' won't take long Steve,haha.

I will certainly keep all you great people advised of progress. 

I will also get a carvonce we have settled in and i can start to shop around. I want to see more of Phils for sure. Bike will be for short tripd, dhopd, markets etc.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Unusual, thought they would deal in both.

I believe the used ones they sell are their own repos

• Like 3

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, Maxheadspace said:

21 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Bauang La Union, just out of  San Fernando. Good expat community, good medical and all we need ie. Malls, hodpital etc. Nice beaches nearby, great fresh markets, lots of fresh veges from Baguio area. 5 hrs from Manila by bus, so ok.

Thanks.  that sounds pretty good as well.  

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Unusual, thought they would deal in both. No wonder there are so many bikes for sale on  internet.

Oh ya, forgot about the Philippine internet. You might want to FB search for groups about the model bikes you are looking at. You will find bikes for sale as well as spare parts and mods for the bike that might interest you.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Oh ya, forgot about the Philippine internet. You might want to FB search for groups about the model bikes you are looking at. You will find bikes for sale as well as spare parts and mods for the bike that might interest you.

Yes been doing that thanks, but many want telephone nos. For their bikes. Just got to sift thru those.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

Thanks.  that sounds pretty good as well.  

Will be putting on some follow ups on the forum. Did a good bit of research though.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I believe the used ones they sell are their own repos

Oh ok Dave understand. Maybe finance companies have a condition for finance with dealers?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I think what Dave says could be why they don't trade?

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 2017-7-9 at 11:42 AM, robert k said:

Ron, I don't intend to ride a motorcycle much so I'm considering going somewhat native in that respect. I think I will settle for or/cr, notarized bill of sale and affidavit and just keep it registered in the original owners name. New 600,000 php car may be worth all the hoops but not the sari store runner. In my case an e-bike with a cow bell may even make sense. No registration at all.

Yes i have looked at them.

Maybe an option also.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Suzuki has been selling FI here in the 60K+ price range for a couple years

2 years ago when I looked they were closer to 60K but still available in the fuel injected, scooter type for 66,900

http://suzuki.com.ph/motors/motorcycles/scooter/address-2/

And if you want cheaper and still fuel injected try this one

http://suzuki.com.ph/motors/motorcycles/underbone/shooter-115-fi/

Its an underbone design but still FI at about 60K

• Like 1