Philhealth is Changing

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, scott h said:

Mike, unless things have changed you will have to be in the PI for 6 months before you can get an NBI clearance, then apply for your card.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Unless you bring a PI embassy certified FBI clearance with you. :thumbsup:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/acr-i-card

An ACR I-Card is a microchip based, credit card-sized, identification card issued to all registered aliens whose stay in the Philippines has exceeded fifty-nine (59) days.  It also has an embedded computer chip with biometric security features capable of data management and can be updated electronically.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Medic Mike said:

An ACR I-Card

my bad,,,,i thought you were referring to a 13a visa :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

my bad,,,,i thought you were referring to a 13a visa :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

See we're never too old to learn, :hystery: I didn't know that. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• 6 months later...
josta
Posted
Posted

Do we have to pay the 9 months, one month at a time, over the 12 months, or can we prepay the 9 months all at once then be eligible for PhilHealth?

Thanks

John

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, josta said:

Do we have to pay the 9 months, one month at a time, over the 12 months, or can we prepay the 9 months all at once then be eligible for PhilHealth?

Thanks

John

My wife pays 2,400 in one go for Philhealth. Don't know if Foreigners have to pay every month or pay annually. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, josta said:

Thanks

John

The 9 over 12 rule is a "look back" period for members who have been in the plan for a while, and has to do with missed payments.  E.G., I have been a member since 2016 and I go to the hospital.  I want to use Philhealth.  They will look at my payments due for the last 12 months.  If I made 9 or more that were due, they will provide coverage (I'm guessing they will also make you pay the missing payments).  If you missed 4 payments in the last 12 (made 8) then your screwed.  No coverage for the hospital visit.

Yes, you can pay in advance.  We paid a year in advance a few months ago.  There is a limit.  12 or 18 months, I think.

I think you might be asking about the rules for when you first join.  This is the rule:

"For instance, newly-enrolled members whose membership to the NHIP covers less than nine (9) months from the initial date of registration, shall only be required payment of at least three (3) months within six (6) months prior to the first day of confinement."

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/news/2018/ensure_payments.html

All of these rules only apply if you miss payments.  Keep up to date and no worries.

• Like 1

josta
Posted
Posted

Yes, thank you, this is for when we first join.  If I join, pay 9 months in advance, I will be covered from the first day?

Thanks

John

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, josta said:

Yes, thank you, this is for when we first join.  If I join, pay 9 months in advance, I will be covered from the first day?

Thanks

John

As I understand the new rules, you are not covered for the first 6 months for a male and 9 months for a female. So even if you pay 12 months up front, you would have to wait for 6 months before being eligible to make a claim.

Ken

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

As I understand the new rules, you are not covered for the first 6 months for a male and 9 months for a female. So even if you pay 12 months up front, you would have to wait for 6 months before being eligible to make a claim.

Ken

I was looking for something like that.  If you found it on their website, can you post the link for us?

graham59
Posted
Posted

That is my understanding too. 

6 months wait (and up to date payments)  before entitled to claim anything. 

New non-Filipino Citizen members p17,000 per year ?