Philhealth is Changing

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I have held philhealth previously then it was P2400 annually. When I came to renew I was quoted P17,000 and was told I couldn't renew at old rate. This was 2 years ago. When did you get that quote and subsequent cost?

I have philhealth with my asawa, I'm listed on her account since 2014. cost be zilch. It actually changed in July 2017, non pinoys  have to pay 17.000p annually, unless listed on asawas account before july 2017.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I have held philhealth previously then it was P2400 annually. When I came to renew I was quoted P17,000 and was told I couldn't renew at old rate. This was 2 years ago. When did you get that quote and subsequent cost?

I am single on a tourist visa, does that make a difference?

I first enrolled 1 July 2016. It looks like the same rate you paid before. The premiums haven't changed but I need to go catch up since I haven't paid again since last December. There has never been any hassle - so far - with catching up with late premiums. We'll see what happens when I go back.

I was also single on a tourist visa. At that time I would have been just signed up for a six month extension after the first two shorter extensions.

The past two years' extensions I still was running on a tourist visa.

Edited by Tommy T.

graham59
Posted
Posted

I can't go on my wife's account because our son is already listed... according to her.  :sad:

Need to make further enquiries, but I'm not optimistic.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I can't go on my wife's account because our son is already listed... according to her.  :sad:

Need to make further enquiries, but I'm not optimistic.

Just get your own Graham, it still cost 17,000 p

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Just spoke to the Mrs, and it seems I AM listed on her account, since January 21, 2016,  (she'd had to take our marriage cert in when registering me) but she said the Philhealth people have since told her I have to pay the p17,000  now, regardless. BECAUSE I'M A FOREIGNER.   

I have just checked her 'official' membership form, and I am listed on it.... since 2016. All her payments are up to date. 

So, I'm wondering now.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I have just checked her 'official' membership form, and I am listed on it.... since 2016. All her payments are up to date. 

So, I'm wondering now.  

Providing she has missed no payments you will be Grandfathered in, I have been a beneficiary since 2008, the rule changes are not as exacting as they should be :wink:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes, it seems I'm 'OK'.  :smile:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Providing she has missed no payments you will be Grandfathered in, I have been a beneficiary since 2008, the rule changes are not as exacting as they should be :wink:

Yes Jack, this is as I was advised when I asked at my local office - as long as I was on my wife's account before the rule/policy change and as long as her account doesn't become invalid for any reason (non-payment of fees) then I'm OK.  They did say that the grandfathering thing was never actually formally confirmed by Philhealth, but they were working on the principal of status quo for existing members until further notice - that was 2+ years ago.  From time- to- time I log into my wife's account to check I'm still there - so far so good!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

There has never been any hassle - so far - with catching up with late premiums. We'll see what happens when I go back.

There was a change last year Tom, I'm not entirely sure but it was something about having to be at least 75% up to date with premiums in order to make a claim under Philhealth.  This was done, I assume, to stop people like you paying when they feel like it but still expecting to be covered when they need it! :hystery:- kinda like insurance in reverse! 

Edited by hk blues

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

This was done, I assume, to stop people like you paying when they feel like it but still expecting to be covered when they need it! :hystery:- kinda like insurance in reverse! 

Like I said before, I will go in to pay up and see what happens. Actually I am not "people like you"... I have not made a claim and don't expect to.... I just keep forgetting to go to the service counter at SM and make the payment. It's a hassle so I put it off always. Last year I was late for over three months when I finally remembered and paid in September through the end of the year - in advance! - and there was no issue.... Actually, there was... I wanted to pay for the next year in advance just to avoid standing in line again for a while. The rules stated that a person cannot pay in one calendar year for anything in the next calendar year. Rules...Whatever it takes, I will just do what I need to do to maintain or reinstate coverage...