Philhealth is Changing

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Like I said before, I will go in to pay up and see what happens. Actually I am not "people like you"... I have not made a claim and don't expect to.... I just keep forgetting to go to the service counter at SM and make the payment. It's a hassle so I put it off always. Last year I was late for over three months when I finally remembered and paid in September through the end of the year - in advance! - and there was no issue.... Actually, there was... I wanted to pay for the next year in advance just to avoid standing in line again for a while. The rules stated that a person cannot pay in one calendar year for anything in the next calendar year. Rules...Whatever it takes, I will just do what I need to do to maintain or reinstate coverage...

Tom - i was poking fun at you - see the smiley!

Anyway, be careful as you will not be able to reinstate coverage if you are under the Grandfathering system- you'll have to join as a new member and pay the full 17k rather than the well, 0K under the Grandfathering scheme (if it applies to you anyway)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Tom - i was poking fun at you - see the smiley!

Got it, HK... Sometimes I am a bit slow on the uptake.:smile:

This week I will finally give it a go and see what happens there - good or bad... I don't mind paying and supporting if it turns out to be something positive for everyone - hopefully me too...

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I don't mind paying and supporting if it turns out to be something positive for everyone

I looked into private Health insurance recently and I noticed the premiums quoted was only if I had Philhealth so seems for insurance Philhealth is a must on the side. :89:

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Like I said before, I will go in to pay up and see what happens. Actually I am not "people like you"... I have not made a claim and don't expect to.... I just keep forgetting to go to the service counter at SM and make the payment. It's a hassle so I put it off always. Last year I was late for over three months when I finally remembered and paid in September through the end of the year - in advance! - and there was no issue.... Actually, there was... I wanted to pay for the next year in advance just to avoid standing in line again for a while. The rules stated that a person cannot pay in one calendar year for anything in the next calendar year. Rules...Whatever it takes, I will just do what I need to do to maintain or reinstate coverage...

You can pay for 12 months upfront, 2.400 pesos, that's what I do.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Actually I am not "people like you".

:89: One has to wonder who you are referring to here?

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: One has to wonder who you are referring to here?

EH? 

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Actually I am not "people like you".

Sorry Jim I used the wrong Quote Poster but the question stands who are you referring to Tom?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

EH? 

See my later post Jim :wink: ( do we have a specsavers here) :whistling:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry Jim I used the wrong Quote Poster but the question stands who are you referring to Tom?

That comment was referring to a previous post by HK - a misunderstanding on my part of a joking statement.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

See my later post Jim :wink: ( do we have a specsavers here) :whistling:

Suggest you visit one jack :thumbsup: 

• Haha 2