Balikbayan box

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't cross the road to buy a tin of spam, never mind send it across the world! :tongue:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I wouldn't cross the road to buy a tin of spam, never mind send it across the world! :tongue:

You obviously have never been truly Hungry then :wink:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Slices of Spam, with Piccalilli, in thick wholemeal bread.... masarap !  :56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

Spam fritters ? Yummy !  :SugarwareZ-005:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am surprised no one has put Monty Python ‘Spam,Spam, Spam on yet, I did try but it did not work.

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It's not spam spam but a brand we like and beanz means Hienz. A 24 pack from costco is far cheaper than you need to pay in the Philippines, we would probably need to travel to Manila to find them. There will also be all the electrics for 3 houses and tools etc. When sending to the family it may be available in the Philippines but it's still free if we send it.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

You obviously have never been truly Hungry then :wink:

Not hungry enough to eat spam! 

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Slices of Spam, with Piccalilli, in thick wholemeal bread.... masarap !  :56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

Spam fritters ? Yummy !  :SugarwareZ-005:

Of all the sandwich fillings available, spam wouldn't be near the top of my list.

I'm not a fan as you might have guessed!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I'm not a fan as you might have guessed!

I am not a particular Fan but it is a common thing here for the Local breakfast, Lightly fried it can fill that gap when it nears Shopping day, then of course, most of us that have served will have memories of it. Being it was on our ration list :whistling:

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gary D said:

It's not spam spam but a brand we like and beanz means Hienz. A 24 pack from costco is far cheaper than you need to pay in the Philippines, we would probably need to travel to Manila to find them. There will also be all the electrics for 3 houses and tools etc. When sending to the family it may be available in the Philippines but it's still free if we send it.

I understand that you might as well do it if it's free but I wouldn't spend money to send basic items that are available here - I have seen plenty examples of people doing this as i mentioned above. 

This post brings back childhood memories of spam, beans (Heinz of course) and chips!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am not a particular Fan but it is a common thing here for the Local breakfast, Lightly fried it can fill that gap when it nears Shopping day, then of course, most of us that have served will have memories of it. Being it was on our ration list :whistling:

I know - and dislike it even more when fried!  

As per my post above, I am reminded of childhood dinners of spam, chips and beans and I wasn't even subject to rationing!  

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic