Pain Relief

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I took two 7.5mg one day and got on my motorcycle,  when i got to the bike meeetup ,my friends took the keys off me , i was unintentionally wasted ,it was very stupid thing to do  that was the last time i took them

Are you sure about the dosage though? I have never seen (or heard of) anything smaller than capsules or tablets containing 50 mg, which is the usual dosage. In some countries you can also get 100mg pills, or little bottles with liquid Tramadol - was it the liquid one? But how did you know that it was exactly 7.5mg? And unless you are allergic or sensitive to it, 15mg would probably not do anything at all. 

There’s a chart where different painkillers are compared to morphine, and Tramadol and Codeine are both classified equally strong, at about 1/10 the strength of morphine, so it’s actually not even that strong. The problem really is the potential addiction problem. 

Mark57
Posted
Posted

you can get naproxin in drug stores there   its pretty good for body  aches and pains    you can pretty safely take up to a 1000 mg a day  Probably can buy generic but might see brand names  too.  I bought them out in the province in Leyte.    Aleve, Anaprox DS, Naprosyn, Naprelan CR, Wal-Proxen, Flanax (naproxen), Ec-Naprosyn, Midol (naproxen), Mediproxen

to legally prescribe opiates a doctor has to have an endorsement for them  -  I think they can only prescribe 8 days at a time - many drug stores won't have opiates 

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark57 said:

many drug stores won't have opiates 

Is there a difference between opiates and opioids (I don’t think so)? Otherwise you’re wrong about this, since you can get Tramadol in any pharmacy (Mercury, TGP and others), and it’s classified as an opioid. 

Mark57
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, KurtVD said:

Is there a difference between opiates and opioids (I don’t think so)? Otherwise you’re wrong about this, since you can get Tramadol in any pharmacy (Mercury, TGP and others), and it’s classified as an opioid. 

Thats a little more encouraging for me then  -  I was researching heavy duty opiates   We have been trying to decideif  we will bring her home to the philippines   she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I understand as it progresses it causes a great deal of severe pain. I was researching pain management physicians that is what I found so far.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, KurtVD said:

Are you sure about the dosage though? I have never seen (or heard of) anything smaller than capsules or tablets containing 50 mg, which is the usual dosage. In some countries you can also get 100mg pills, or little bottles with liquid Tramadol - was it the liquid one? But how did you know that it was exactly 7.5mg? And unless you are allergic or sensitive to it, 15mg would probably not do anything at all. 

There’s a chart where different painkillers are compared to morphine, and Tramadol and Codeine are both classified equally strong, at about 1/10 the strength of morphine, so it’s actually not even that strong. The problem really is the potential addiction problem. 

Mine I think was 50mg but could have been 100mg long time ago. Not a pill popper, I put up with pain but for how long.

My knee has started to hurt since reading these post.

• Haha 3

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
On 6/4/2019 at 3:22 AM, Mark57 said:

Thats a little more encouraging for me then  -  I was researching heavy duty opiates   We have been trying to decideif  we will bring her home to the philippines   she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I understand as it progresses it causes a great deal of severe pain. I was researching pain management physicians that is what I found so far.

Well, Tramadol is definitely NOT a ‘heavy-duty’ opioid, and I'm afraid that it won’t do much once her cancer has progressed to a certain stage. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it’s considered to be approximately 1/10 the strength of morphine, and from my experience that’s about right (I got a morphine shot once in the ER, and Tramadol is nothing compared to it, I was quite surprised). I have no idea how restrictive they are with morphine in the Philippines, I guess eventually she'll need morphine or something equally strong. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

When my hip pain started I had my GF get me some Ibuprofen at Mercury and had her ask for  Tramadol too just to see if she could get it without a scrip. Been using the Ibuprofen twice a day with food and it's working pretty well. The 50 mg Tramadol tablet she bought is still sitting in the medicine box that we have unused for now. I'm just wary of using it if I don't really need it yet!:unsure:

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/3/2019 at 6:22 PM, Mark57 said:

Terribly sorry to hear that. Best wishes.