Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Ok Jack. You win.:cheers:

Smile Big.jpg :wink: Now back to normal Service EH? :whistling:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

So, back on topic, still in Bohol til next Wednesday, still hobbled by knee pain.  Alaxin helps slightly but I can't put much weight on it.  I'm tempted to buy some crutches but I will probably just hobble home and see a doc when I arrive at Clark.

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I hope that the people that live with you have learned how to cope with your'e lack of a sense of humor. You must be a joy to be around!:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

YOU obviously didn't get the "Pun" my friend

22 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I was referring to  rubbing cream ( Ibuprofen Gel ) I hate bum jokes :tiphat:

Joke as in "Suppositories" hence "Bum jokes"

I don't know why but something is happening to this forum, people should be proud that this forum isn't full of FB crap (another pun)

have a good day  Sir :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

So, back on topic, still in Bohol til next Wednesday, still hobbled by knee pain.  Alaxin helps slightly but I can't put much weight on it.  I'm tempted to buy some crutches but I will probably just hobble home and see a doc when I arrive at Clark.

Sorry to hear that Don, sounds a little more serious than pain relief being needed, be careful not to make matters worse,

Hope everything works out getting home again. JB

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Sorry to hear that Don, sounds a little more serious than pain relief being needed, be careful not to make matters worse,

Hope everything works out getting home again. JB

Thank you John.  The most upsetting thing is that I am a killjoy for our family vacation.

• Sad 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2019 at 12:33 PM, OnMyWay said:

Unfortunately, this thread is timely for me.

I'm in Dauis on holiday with my family and my left knee has so much pain I can barely walk.  The pain had been growing for a few days but today after our travels, it suddenly became unbearable.

You may remember that I posted about hip pain and recommended hip surgery.  Due to that I bought some Celebrex before the trip, but it does not seem to immediately relieve the knee pain.  I had taken one at about 8 am Thursday as a preventative for our day out and the acute pain came at about 5 pm.  I'm going to take another now at 0230 and see if it helps by morning.

If it is not a lot better in the morning I am going to look for some crutches and ace bandages to get me through the trip.  I don't think I want to see a doc here in Bohol.

Any advice on trying another fast acting pain reliever?  

You don't need a 'scrip for tramadol.

There is an excellent new hospital- the ACE Hospital between the 2 bridges on the Tagbilaran side. It can be seen clearly from the Dauis side.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

You don't need a 'scrip for tramadol.

There is an excellent new hospital- the ACE Hospital between the 2 bridges on the Tagbilaran side. It can be seen clearly from the Dauis side.

Several mentioned tramadol so I looked into it.  I don't think I want to try it for the first time while away from home and driving my family all over.

Is that the bright white building I spotted from the Dauis side?  I probably drove by but I didn't notice it was a hospital.

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

You don't need a 'scrip for tramadol..

Maybe you don’t necessarily need one all the time, but I’m quite sure that it’s a prescription medicine here in the Philippines too, e.g. it’s possible that the pharmacist won’t sell you any, and then you have to go to another pharmacy, which isn’t fun if you’re in pain...

• Like 1

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Several mentioned tramadol so I looked into it.  I don't think I want to try it for the first time while away from home and driving my family all over.

Good call, I’d also recommend to try it when you don’t have to drive a car 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Kuya John said:

YOU obviously didn't get the "Pun" my friend

Joke as in "Suppositories" hence "Bum jokes"

I don't know why but something is happening to this forum, people should be proud that this forum isn't full of FB crap (another pun)

have a good day  Sir :tiphat:

NOW I don't get it. Maybe once that you guys learn how to drive on the correct side of the road I might be able to understand.:cheers: