US President Donald Trum-p has become the first US president to set foot on North Korean soil

graham59
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

The solution is living up to the commitments that these Countries made when they joined NATO. Other Countries should not have to take up the slack just because someone doesn't want to pay their share. I really don't care what they do, but the American Taxpayers do have a voice in this situation. 

When is the US going to pay off their huge debt to the UN ... while we're being 'holier than thou ?  :whistling:

• Hmm thinking 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, graham59 said:

When is the US going to pay off their huge debt to the UN ... while we're being 'holier than thou ?  :whistling:

https://www.cfr.org/article/funding-united-nations-what-impact-do-us-contributions-have-un-agencies-and-programs

robert k
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Please do tell us how much the US owes?

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, graham59 said:

That was from about 6 months ago? Are you certain the situation hasn't changed? People shouldn't assume things.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)

President Is Planning "Kim Jong-Un Style Military Parade" On July 4

"It's just obscene," Robinson said. "To take this and to make it into what seems to be kind of a combination President rally and Kim Jong-un style military parade of hardware and equipment with Sherman tanks is ridiculous."

"To take this and to make it into what seems to be kind of a combination President rally and Kim Jong-un style military parade of hardware and equipment with Sherman tanks which is ridiculous. The last Sherman tank was taken out of service in 1957..."

"But it's just obscene. It really is. and I just -- I just hope it doesn't spoil the whole day. I mean, of course, they'll try to do have the biggest fireworks ever, and that's okay. But presidents don't speak at the Fourth of July. It's the people's day. It's not the presidents' day and he's trying to turn it into something else and I just think it's -- I think it's awful."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/07/02/eugene_robinson_july_4th_is_supposed_to_be_the_peoples_day_not_the_presidents_day.html

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
added some
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

You know, we used to have parades with military equipment. One of my favorite authors was describing a parade of his youth in the 1960's where a tank accidentally ran over a car. All I have to say about this Robinson fellow is  Snow Flake, with heavy emphasis on the flake part most likely. He took the time to look up when the last Sherman tank was taken out of service (in the US, they are still used elsewhere) but evidently he didn't bother to check if military vehicles have participated in parades before? 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Robinson is regular there MSNBC, the anti-President news channel, and he works for the Washington Post, another anti-President msm outlet.  Of course he is against it.

I won't know if I like the parade idea until after it happens.  If he makes it political I don't approve.  If his speech is about celebrating America and honoring the military, then I'm ok with it.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Mike J said:

Actually the meeting turned out to not be such a big deal.  They spent most of the time talking about how they admired each others haircuts and exchanging tips about styling, shampoo, hair gel, etc.    The subject of missiles and who had the biggest "button" never came up.  :popcorn:

Well the latest is "Us 'Hell-Bent' on hostility despite talks, says North Korea" So all that sucking up came to nothing.

• Like 2