US President Donald Trum-p has become the first US president to set foot on North Korean soil

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

How can we ever possibly get on the same page with these people? Is it really possible?

Those are good questions, too. But apparently some are attempting to do exactly that. I don't want to get too cerebral here, but international politics seem so very different and strange to me now and not as clear cut as I remember from when I was younger. Or maybe my perspective has just changed with the advancing years and my own evolving values? I was raised with fairly strict learning about the differences between "right" and "wrong." Now those don't seem to be as sharply defined as before.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

was

2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I was raised with fairly strict learning about the differences between "right" and "wrong." Now those don't seem to be as sharply defined as before.

Me too, and now it seems as if we’re making deals with the devil, at least in this case.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Donald President has become the first US president to set foot on North Korean soil.

Personally I think the Guy Has Balls to do this But I don't see many Congratulating him on the attempts made to make Friends. All well and good so Far BUT let's think on this Guy's & Gal's, Instead of Going back in history for answers we all should be looking Forward, I say this because there is never really any Future in the Past, just learn by the mistakes made. For sure, if he does well and stops/averts aggression and or any war we will all Thank Him But if he stuffs it up, He will get the Blame I am sure and that will be a shame because we should not knock the Man that Tries

Such is my Opinion and belief :smile:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

we should not knock the Man that Tries

Those are good thoughts, Jack. Yes...learn from mistakes in the past and look to the future. I am personally glad to see that maybe some sort of progress is being made, but I am also just leery about dealing with a proven dictator who tortures and kills his own people if they disagree with him.

And a bit of an aside... You mention that no one is congratulating the president? He doesn't seem to need that because he is always congratulating himself! He should be careful that he doesn't break his arm from patting himself on the back too vigorously!

• Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

He doesn't seem to need that because he is always congratulating himself! He should be careful that he doesn't break his arm from patting himself on the back too vigorously!

I hear you but.................... he is trying

7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

but I am also just leery about dealing with a proven dictator who tortures and kills his own people if they disagree with him.

Most Dictators do and the one here is heading that way of late But that is another Story 

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I hear you but.................... he is trying

Agreed... And, as you suggest, let's look to the future. Let's hope. Of course we still have China, Russia, Iran to consider, just in case we start to feel complacent. But there seems to be positive action with China recently, at least. Sorry...I guess, as usual, I went off topic here again...

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Agreed.

So why put a thinking icon on, seems you think too much at times my friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Britain will never leave USA on it's own. Our biggest  Allies. 

Could be one sided though.

New York Times: President raised withdrawing the US from NATO several times in 2018

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So why put a thinking icon on, seems you think too much at times my friend

Yeah... I think (haha) that you may be right about that too... You are a font of wisdom!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

You are a font of wisdom!

Like the Man, I try :hystery:

• Like 1