Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
  • no photos but I miss my ford cortina 1600E , she was a beut until I wrapped he around a tree ,sob sob
  • Like 5

graham59
Posted
Posted

A younger Graham, in my Lotus (now Caterham) Seven:  

550533_4145788803476_2146460962_n.jpg

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Here are some pictures I took before I sold it in May 2012, just before moving here.  I babied this one and you could eat off of the engine.  I was able to sell it for slightly more than I paid for it.

WOW! Love that car! Incredibly clean and beautiful. I would have been afraid to drive it and get it dirty!:smile:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, graham59 said:

I've had three of the 'Wedge' models so far.  All getting on for 300bhp,  in a light weight car.

So you had three wedgies? I have never seen those before - way cool! Yeah...300 hp in that little car - talk about a pocket rocket! Very nice!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My TVR 280i FHC S1 ..... (Ford V6 fuel injected)... just after I'd had her 'restored' ...which cost a lot of money. lol

My 280i.jpg

My 280i2.jpg

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

Heres my 1971 Corvette for you....7.4L / 454 cu.in. ,4 sp. manual ,360 Hp.It had a nice tone with the Sidepipes :mocking: The pic is from 1976.Wish GM would bring this car back in retro form.

I love that classic 'Vette design. It looks fast just sitting there. Think about all the volume for the engine and putting out "only 360 hp? And today some companies make pint-sized 6 cylinder cars that put out, what, over 400? But, don't get me wrong, 360 hp is plenty for me!:laugh:

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

So you had three wedgies? I have never seen those before - way cool! Yeah...300 hp in that little car - talk about a pocket rocket! Very nice!

Actually four. One 280i, two 390SEs and one 400SE. :smile:

They all use a fibreglass body, mounted on a separate tubular steel chassis.  (Jaguar XJ12 all-independent rear end, with inboard discs).

P1010242.jpg

Edited by graham59
Added picture
  • Like 3

Rayj
Posted
Posted

Story (picture to come) driving my 1972 Datsun 240Z up curvy back roads in CT on a summer Saturday evening. I came to realize the car in front of Me was slowing down way too much on the curves only to bolt when the road started to straighten out. I think he had a Chrysler. Could have been high hp, I don’t know. He was playing around with me. So I pulled out at the next most advantageous time to get around him. I floored it and of course he hit it too so we were de facto racing until I had to duck back in for oncoming. Whole thing Lasted less than 15 seconds as it was a short and curvy. I did win. I don’t know if he backed off or not. I was too darn scared to do anything but come back to my side of the road as soon as I could. I never regarded my Z as real fast . Certainly not like a vette. I want to post a picture of my Z as I have one but I have to get it out from the glass first.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Heeb said:

Waxing my 1973 911S at NAS Miramar, CA in 1995 shortly before selling it for 6k to a couple of guys from L.A. who said they would ship it to Belgium to sell it there. A few years ago I'm on shift and someone is watching a car auction show and the same car with more miles goes for over 200k, apparently those year models became really popular recently. I only sold it because I was headed to Guam and didn't want to bring it only to watch it rust.

img101.jpg

Ouch!

• Like 2