Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

graham59
Posted
Posted

Oh, just found this one:

Here's hooligan Gra driving his REAL  TVR 400SE V8  discussed earlier, in the background of this video.  Not the quietest car around...bombing down the 2 mile runway. lol 

It was a TVR car club meeting. The car in the foreground is a straight 6 model... the 'Tuscan'

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Ice Patrol said:

I may be the more overly skilled driver in every respect

I may need to bribe Graham to give me a few extra horsepower when you aren't looking? That'll cost me a few more pilsners, but it will be worth it - hahaha!:hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Not the quietest car around...bombing down the 2 mile runway. lol 

Nice video!

Who cares about quiet? With my hearing beginning to fade already, louder is better!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I may need to bribe Graham to give me a few extra horsepower when you aren't looking? That'll cost me a few more pilsners, but it will be worth it - hahaha!:hystery:

Absolutely- You may need some added assurance in this situation. :cheersty: 

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

Absolutely- You may need some added assurance in this situation. :cheersty: 

Ah... so I will need to "encourage" Graham to send a few more hp my way and then also pay you in advance in pilsens to maybe skew your driving sensibilities and prowess? Goodness! This is starting to sound expensive! And some people might get a bit "happy" along the way?:89: We might need to breathalize participants before the competition?

But don't discount me yet, Ice. You know what they say about old age and treachery?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Mike J said:

My brother's roadster.

image.png

This street rod looks awesome.It is a real neck breaker for sure WoW. These old street rods are so exciting...theres nothing else like them.Your brother is obviously a great talent....:wosautos121:

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

This street rod looks awesome.It is a real neck breaker for sure WoW. These old street rods are so exciting...theres nothing else like them.Your brother is obviously a great talent....:wosautos121:

Reveal hidden contents

I've only owned one street rod (in UK) .... known as a 'T-Bucket', with a Rover V8 up front, when in my twenties.  Sadly, pics were lost years ago, but what a poser's car that was. lol  

Some nice footage of my fave motor sport, and machines.  Aaah.... 'American Graffiti' . :867:

(Only 1/8th mile strip, this one. The regular big strips are 1/4 mile ).

Edited by graham59
adddddition
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I'm not really a performance car guy, I've always preferred off roading and 4 wheel driving.

My last 2 utes (trucks for the US guys) were a Nissan D22 and then a ML Triton (Strada in the Philippines).

Both utes had 2 inch lifts, side skid bars, front bull bars, rear protection bars, snorkels, winches and 2 way radios.

The Triton also had front and rear locking differentials, roof rack with carry spots for sand recovery tracks, high lift jack and was fitted with a 50 litre water tank, long range diesel tank and slide out rear drawers and a 12 volt fridge.

P4110232-XL.jpg

3sohqqiuohgdpk7vzsy6v3a48.jpg

In Australia, you can actually use all that offroad equipment quite often.  In the U.S., most just install it for show.  Same here in the Philippines, to a certain extent.

• Like 5

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

In Australia, you can actually use all that offroad equipment quite often. 

Some of my best memories are trips I did when off roading (well... and the motorbike trips).

It's better to make some memories like that when you're younger, if you leave it too late then it can all get a bit too hard I reckon.

I still enjoy driving a good black diamond track although these days a double black is probably beyond me without having someone younger in the car with me.

P4110239-X2.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 5