Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Love it, or hate it?

Hmmm...OMW... I like the power, probably the agility and handling, but not sure about all the gew-gaws in the design. It really looks like something out of one of those X-Box creations? Maybe Lara Croft should be driving this? But, give me time and maybe I will come around?... Thanks for sharing that. I have been waiting to see this too!

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Hmmm...OMW... I like the power, probably the agility and handling, but not sure about all the gew-gaws in the design. It really looks like something out of one of those X-Box creations? Maybe Lara Croft should be driving this? But, give me time and maybe I will come around?... Thanks for sharing that. I have been waiting to see this too!

Excuse me.... all the Xbox cars are based on existing models !  :tongue:

(It's just the graphics I create :biggrin:)

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

ot sure about all the gew-gaws in the design

I think you are referring to all the hard and sharp edges, and that is what I have a problem with too.  I prefer a smooth and sleek look.  However, it seems that everyone is going with the hard edge look for the time being, and then in 10-15 years I bet they will go back again.

Like the Lexus.  And Mitsubishi.  I really don't care for the hard edge look.  However, on the new Corvette, have to get past that and admire all the other cool stuff!  And the price!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Excuse me.... all the Xbox cars are based on existing models !  :tongue:

So sorry... My mistake! One of hundreds I make daily!  So, Graham... I am waiting for your X-Box latest Corvette! Kidding and joking and hopeful... all in one!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Like the Lexus.  And Mitsubishi.  I really don't care for the hard edge look.  However, on the new Corvette, have to get past that and admire all the other cool stuff!  And the price!

Agreed! I just want to get in a car some day - before I die - and drive from 0-130 mph in less than 6 seconds... Is that too much to ask?

Kidding... I just love muscle cars with 1,000 hp or so... I really would love to drive one (not a virtual one, Graham...sorry) just to do it...

I am a pocket rev-head after so many years sailing at 5-8 knots... I want SPEED!!!!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

OK, now for my favorite practical car, my 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid.  In 2006 I bought it brand new while living in Florida, and a few months later I found out I was moving to Germany.  Luckily, it only cost me about $700 out of pocket to add it to the container of household goods that my company paid for.  Moving a car was not part of the deal.

It became a great autobahn car!  My friends and I took many trips in it.  3.0 L V6 with electric boost at the front wheels.  It was speed limited to 132 mph, about 212 kph.  The suspension was a bit soft for those speeds, but I drove it at 80-100 mph for long stretches with 5 adults inside and luggage in the back, no problem.  It had idle stop and cylinder management, but it was not super economical.  Just ok.  At 70 mph, it would get about 35 mpg with just me in it. They only made it for 2 model years, 2006-2007.

So it was in Germany from 2006 to 2010.  I was going to sell it there when I moved back, and took these pictures below.  However, there was not any interest in Germany, so I again paid to bring it back to the U.S.  I think it only cost me $500 this time.  I kept it in Kentucky for two years, then made my farewell tour across the U.S. in it, then sold it to my sister in California when I flew out to PH.  They kept it for a few years then sold it to a childhood friend of mine, who I think still has it!

P1050889.JPG  P1050881.JPG

P1050886.JPG  P1050884.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

So it was in Germany from 2006 to 2010.  I was going to sell it there when I moved back, and took these pictures below.  However, there was not any interest in Germany, so I again paid to bring it back to the U.S.  I think it only cost me $500 this time.  I kept it in Kentucky for two years, then made my farewell tour across the U.S. in it, then sold it to my sister in California when I flew out to PH.  They kept it for a few years then sold it to a childhood friend of mine, who I think still has it!

Nice car, OMW... Who cares about age (except you and me?).

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, graham59 said:

Here is the second car I bought for my first Mrs.    :smile:

She could reach the pedals in this one,  and it was an auto trans, so no difficult gear-changing to master. 

Ems with her birthday mini.jpg

Keep the car. I want the girl..Joke lang.:smile::cheersty:

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Keep the car. I want the girl..Joke lang.:smile::cheersty:

I suppose she didn't look bad at 28, and with 3 kids already. :biggrin:

(We'd been married 5 years by then... and on to 12 years, eventually). 

I thought she'd like a classic old Morris 1000 a couple of years before that, but she wasn't as keen as I was... probably understandably. lol

Here they are, before I smartened it up a bit:

Ems and her moggythou.jpg

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I suppose she didn't look bad at 28, and with 3 kids already. :biggrin:

(We'd been married 5 years by then... and on to 12 years, eventually). 

I thought she'd like a classic old Morris 1000 a couple of years before that, but she wasn't as keen as I was... probably understandably. lol

Here they are, before I smartened it up a bit:

Ems and her moggythou.jpg

I've been married a few times myself. Sounds like you're happy now tho. I know that I am.:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1