Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

No comment

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah, Jack... I have read every post... but now they seem to be off the track of cars. So I don't want to be off that track and into boats... so maybe another topic for me... I am now very sensitive about topics so prefer to err on the cautious side rather than the other side... Thanks for the guidance...

I don't worry much about straying off topic a bit when it is a casual or fun topic.  It's just chit chat.  In this case, as Tim Taylor would say, "It's all about the power!"

When it is a more serious topic like BI questions, visas, problems with anything living here, etc., that is when I feel we should stay on topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah... for me, the more power, the better!!! Thanks for sharing your muscle motors here!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Ice Patrol said:

Here is another one of my favorite cars that I owned during the 1980's … A 1972 Chevy Camero SS w/400 cu. in. small block.I assembled the engine myself using only the best high performance parts.Turbo 400 trans coupled to a positive traction rear end with 373 gears.I'm estimating 350-375 HP for this engine... I  ended up selling it back to the kid I bought it from.He still owns here locally.

Beautiful!!! I love it!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Ice Patrol said:

Here is another one of my favorite cars that I owned during the 1980's … A 1972 Chevy Camero SS w/400 cu. in. small block.I assembled the engine myself using only the best high performance parts.Turbo 400 trans coupled to a positive traction rear end with 373 gears.I'm estimating 350-375 HP for this engine... I  ended up selling it back to the kid I bought it from.He still owns here locally.

IMG_20190715_0004_NEW.jpg

IMG_20190715_0005_NEW 7.jpg

IMG_20190715_0005_NEW3.jpg

IMG_20190715_0003_NEW5.jpg

My great nephew had almost the same Camaro.  My oldest niece is my age and her son was about 17 when his LAPD dad bought a Camaro as his first car and also as a project for them.  It was around the same year model as yours.  The engine had already been replaced with a 350 from a Corvette, I think, and it was in good condition.  New paint, new red interior, suspension, cosmetic engine work, rims, tires, etc.  It was a beauty when finished.  What I liked about it the most was the black lacquer paint.  They had a close friend who had a paint and body shop, and they left it there for a long time.  I don't know how many coats he put on but it was deep, thick, glossy black.  I was really surprised when they sold it a few years later for only 5 or 6 thousand.  I would have thought it was worth more.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, graham59 said:

Yeah, we (first one) were very happy up until she decided to trade me in for a younger model .  

Shit happens.  :thumbsup:

She was only 17 years younger than me.

Current one is 34 years younger.  If ya can't beat em.... :biggrin:

34 years here also. Going on 14 years together. Twice as long as my former victims, :laugh:. She said she'll trade me in when I'm not breathing anymore.:dance:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

I can understand why you loved this honda because I had  03 Honda accord coupe with the v6.The best MPG I ever got was 28.I think your 2006 Accord was getting pretty good  Mpg as a Hybrid.These cars had excellent power and comfort.Great handeling also.These V6 Accords appeared to be nothing more than a mundane soccer mom mobile but think again.This car would cruise at speeds of 85 - 95 mph with ease.I would have loved to have taken my Honda on the Autobahn ….

Love the paint!!:thumbsup:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I came across these videos on You Tube.  Do you think if I keep showing them to my wife she will get the idea?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2