Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, graham59 said:

A quick 5 lap sprint round Sebring, against more modern machinery... which 'we' won, of course. :biggrin:  

Here's a snippet of the first lap. Excuse usual crap quality after uploading :

Driven to perfection! Well done....:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

In 2002 I bought a 2001 Acura CL Type S Coupe.  I wasn't really looking but some guy put his 6 month old car for sale at such a bargain price that I bought it.  He needed cash to close on his house purchase.  I bought it in the San Francisco Bay area right before I moved to Florida.  It only had 4 or 5 k miles on it, I think, and was spotless.  I really didn't like the styling.  Boring.  But it could get up and go with a 3.2 L V6.  In Florida, I lived a few blocks from Okeechobee Hwy in South Florida, and late at night you could open it up without too much worry of other cars, especially the LED type!  :dance:

It could hit about 140 mph, 235 kph.

2001_ACURA_CL-S.MOV 15.37 MB · 0 downloads

P1010012 1.jpg  side1 1.jpg

Engine_01 (Medium).jpg  rear (Medium).jpg

I always loved that body style...Looked great for sure and you did not see very many of these around. Niiiice :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, graham59 said:

...And here's the lap of honor.  :dance:   Some slight damage to the rear panel, after some oaf biffed us up the arse at the start.  :sad:

Awesome! It all looks so close to to my Camaro SS -the handeling also . Impressive for sure

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Cheers... gives me pleasure to create . :thumbsup:

... and I made those graphics from 'scratch' . :smile: 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, graham59 said:

... and I made those graphics from 'scratch' . :smile: 

Nicely done! Bravo!

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

The big danger on the autobahn is the inexperienced slow drivers who should not be on the autobahn.  They don't understand that the gas pedal is there when they have to pass.  When they pull out in the fast lane going way too slow, that is when bad accidents happen.  Autobahn capable cars need very good brakes and suspension to handle high speed emergency braking.

I guess that's what I was really getting at OMW - there only needs to be 1 bad driver, or inexperienced driver, and your ability to react at 200 KM/HR must be minimal.  I remember the 1st, and last, time I did 120mph on a motorway in the UK - whilst my lack of experience at such a speed no doubt was part of the "problem" but I really felt that I was not in control of the car at that speed.  It wasn't an old banger either - a Lexus IS200.  

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

How to practice doing more than 120mph through (a lot) slower traffic, on a very narrow Nurburgring, without hitting anything..... and beating the car that's chasing you. :biggrin:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

How to practice doing more than 120mph through (a lot) slower traffic, on a very narrow Nurburgring, without hitting anything..... and beating the car that's chasing you. :biggrin:

Here is me on the Nurburgring!  :hystery:  I lived about a hour away, for 4 years, but never had the guts to take my yellow vette out there.  I parked and watched many times, and it was a lot of fun.

I guess this is a Z06 but looks just like mine.  One of my German colleagues was an enthusiast and he said he had many friends who had crashed out there!  "Don't do it"!  Once you are out there, you have no insurance and if you damage any walls, etc., it is out of your pocket!

There are hours of crash videos on You Tube, and a few curves are responsible for most of them!

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is when I finally had to get rid of the yellow vette!  Great tow truck skills!  Hope the guy was ok!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

It'll polish out ! :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1