Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Edit:  I just looked out the window and it is gone!

Damn it, a Photo would have been Nice to see :smile:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Damn it, a Photo would have been Nice to see :smile:

I don't think a photo of a car under a car cover is very exciting but if he parks it here again with the cover on, I will get one for you!  :smile:

Actually I may have posted a picture of his Shelby before.  He is the guy who has all the expensive cars and I have posted a few.  Porche Panamera, Porche Cayenne, purple Bentley coupe, Landcruiser....  His two daughters usually drive Ford SUVs but recently one has been driving the Cayenne, so he may have given it to her.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't think a photo of a car under a car cover is very exciting

:whatever: OMW you must pay more attention to your Property :whistling:Tongue in cheek of course you just could have seen him take the cover Off But of course let's hope it was the Owner and it has not been Stolen :wink: Tongue in cheek as I say matey :thumbsup:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Edit:  I just looked out the window and it is gone!

I would have like to see it. Maybe he was online and heard us talking about it?:laugh:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 7/23/2019 at 10:31 AM, intrepid said:

I must admit growing up I never was a Vette fan.  Even after some rides with friends they couldn't win me over.  The style was just not to my liking.  Now the new one is a different matter.  When I first saw the body I seemed to like it.  I had to see several pictures and profiles before I could even see the "Vette"  within the car.  Although I am no longer in need of a fast sports car, if I for some reason moved back to the states and went through another mid-life crises, I would have to take another look at this new Vette.  Not buy it, just take a look. :shades: I'm all about practical usage.  SUV or small truck at this stage of life.

I agree. 2 seaters are a waste. I'd rather have a 2 door muscle car like the one I had in the early 70's.:biggrin:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I agree. 2 seaters are a waste. I'd rather have a 2 door muscle car like the one I had in the early 70's.:biggrin:

Then you would love Australia, AK. The hoons (hooligans in their hot-rod Hondas, Fords and Holdens) all drive 4-door muscle cars, with few exceptions - at least that was my observation. To me, they look a bit odd with 4 doors. I noted to one Aussie about how in USA virtually all muscle cars are 2 doors. He promptly replied, "That's because Yanks don't care about their passengers riding in the back, only themselves in front." How's that for progressive thinking? (I know most Aussies aren't like that - just this one probably - I am not trying to Aussie bash...).

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Then you would love Australia, AK. The hoons (hooligans in their hot-rod Hondas, Fords and Holdens) all drive 4-door muscle cars, with few exceptions 

There weren't a lot of 2 door performance cars sold after the mid 70s in Australia, the insurance companies came down on them hard when the local Ford and GM-Holden braches started trying the 'Race on sunday buy on monday' advertising campaigns.  The resulting 4 door performance cars were initially to get around the insurance premiums but they sort of caught on.  Me I owned a '74 4 door Holden GTS V8 with 4 on the floor (stick shift) which had the same styling interior and exterior as the 2 door Holden Monaro version.  Ford released similar models.

Interestingly (before they stopped making them) some later Holden GTS  cars were sold in the USA as the Chevrolet SS (with some minor changes and they didn't get the high performance version).

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/143542/2017-chevy-ss-sedan/

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, GeoffH said:

There weren't a lot of 2 door performance cars sold after the mid 70s in Australia, the insurance companies came down on them hard when the local Ford and GM-Holden braches started trying the 'Race on sunday buy on monday' advertising campaigns.  The resulting 4 door performance cars were initially to get around the insurance premiums but they sort of caught on.  Me I owned a '74 4 door Holden GTS V8 with 4 on the floor (stick shift) which had the same styling interior and exterior as the 2 door Holden Monaro version.  Ford released similar models.

Interestingly (before they stopped making them) some later Holden GTS  cars were sold in the USA as the Chevrolet SS (with some minor changes and they didn't get the high performance version).

Thanks for the info, Geoff... That makes very clear why virtually all performance cars there are 4-door. I always wondered about that. To me, they just look weird... But then I aged (never grew up) through the US muscle car era when everything with muscle was 2-door and that undoubtedly affected my preference. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Edited by Tommy T.
Wrong quotation source

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

By the way... an off-topic (sortof) aside here:

Last year I always watched Street Outlaws on cable... I got a kick out of the drag racing - but found the talk talk to get a bit laboured... Anyway, I always liked Farm Truck. So I visited my friend Mr. Google about Farm Truck and it showed a meet in Australia where they apparently shipped that truck (car?). It was amazing to see that thing lifting up on two wheels with a crazy twist to it from all that incredible torc! I imagine it wowed some Aussies to see that odd and unassuming looking pickup (ute?) kicking ass and taking names!:shock_40_anim_gif:

Now I imagine also some farmers in WA or somewhere in the Outback, swatting flies and building dragsters out of their own farm trucks?:biggrin:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1