Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, graham59 said:

Not cheap anymore. :biggrin:  (Had one myself for a while, but 11 mpg was a bit much. :sad: )

I mis-spoke due to memory failure.  Actually the one I was thinking about was the Jensen-Healey.  In the late 70's / early 80's there were quite a few of these for sale in California for a decent price, and I wanted one.  :no:

jensen-healey-automobile-models-photo-1.jpg

I was looking at this list and I had never heard of most of them!  I really like #6, the dark blue 541!
https://www.ranker.com/list/full-list-of-jensen-motors-models/reference

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Jensen-Healey.  In the late 70's

Before Jensen Bought the badge it was Produced by Austin ( BLMC) an Icon of the Smaller sports Job I had 2 at one time and was stopped just before Buying the Frogeye 1970 one by my Bride to be. All gone now are the Thoughts but I am sure I would have Loved it:

Austin Healy.jpg Jensen certainly made a good Move there that retained the Healy name

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, stevewool said:

On a nice walk today I came across this , stunning condition 1973 Triumph  Stag.

Looks nice, but I don't see the spot on the road from the oil leak?:biggrin:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

my first car was a Fiat 124 spyder convertible

My first car was a Fiat 850 coupe with Abarth exhaust. I loved that car - great mileage and I could drive it on the sidewalks at uni until campus police caught me...:smile: It was fine until it threw a rod and a piston went right through the oil pan... I paid $800 for that car used then dumped $1,000 more into it for the new engine... My friends and family used to kid me that I didn't get into that car rather, I put it on!:laugh: But it had plenty of room for my 6' 1" frame with the seat set back...

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

My first car

LOL :wink: a little embarrassing to admit  now but mine was a 1959 Standard Pennant   Standard pennant.jpg

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

a little embarrassing to admit  now but mine was a 1959 Standard Pennant

Hey... most of us started out with just wheels! That was most important, just to have that bit of new freedom and fun...maybe with a bit of utility?:smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Since we are in reminiscing mode... I will revert back to motorcycles for a momentary flashback...

My first bike was a Honda 165 with open straight pipes. Never got a ticket, and it wasn't fast, but it was cheap to run, never broke down and I was a poor taxi driver making barely minimum wage. I still had my monster Buick LaSabre slider, but that cost a lot in gas after the Arab Oil Emgargo, so the bike won out always...

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, stevewool said:

On a nice walk today I came across this , stunning condition 1973 Triumph  Stag.

5A296654-A96C-48FF-B6F4-92D066B4CBE4.jpegC2C38100-9312-45A7-85CB-8496BCCB8127.jpeg7B89472B-9C76-493D-AA0F-E494D898897A.jpeg6E6C2512-9FE9-4AFD-99D0-B1D38E876622.jpeg7B951617-18F9-4CAA-A585-5BDBABE07653.jpeg

Not my type!!:sad:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That would be such a cool car to drive around in now!  So retro and the front end kinda looks like a baby '57 Chevy!

Too bad that all of us couldn't kept all of our old cars in a big garage, instead of selling them.  They would be worth a fortune now!

Gotta admit. Looks like it would be fun to drive. Borrowed my ex sister in laws VW Bug once and had a hell of a good time. Kinda like being in a go-kart.:tongue:

• Like 3