Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

graham59
Posted
Posted

Been spectating and competing in drag racing since 1970. My favourite motor sport.

Here's my half-Filipino son (now 25) posing beside one , when we went down to Santa Pod.... home of British drag racing:  :thumbsup:

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0005.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Reverse the colors, darker green on the body. :SugarwareZ-034:Found this pic on images. much closer to what I had but the one in this pic looks nicer than the one I had.

003.jpg

I'll see if I can 'recreate' it for you... just for old times sake... and to give me something to do. lol  :biggrin:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

Been spectating and competing in drag racing since 1970. My favourite motor sport.

Here's my half-Filipino son (now 25) posing beside one , when we went down to Santa Pod.... home of British drag racing:  :thumbsup:

Graham, maybe you knew this and / or this may interest you.  I just searched for Top Fuel Top Speed and found this Wiki that is quite interesting.  Top speed for 1/4 mile is now 337.  Due to the Scott Kalitta crash, most racing is now limited to 1000 ft and the record for that is 336!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Fuel

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 7/28/2019 at 6:32 PM, graham59 said:

How close would this be  ? (I can fit most brands and widths of wheels and tyres... and customise colours ). 

I always loved that design - I think it's timeless - and they can be stock or souped up and always look so cool just standing there.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well, Vinyl roof was almost an impossibility, sad to say, but I did come up with something:

(Plus a short replay of the start of little race around the famous Laguna Seca track) .  :smile:

ForumIMG_20190730_165140.jpg

ForumIMG_20190730_164217.jpg

ForumIMG_20190730_164559.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Well, Vinyl roof was almost an impossibility, sad to say, but I did come up with something:

Way cool!!

• Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Going back to my earlier post about the Jensen Interceptor..... nice vid about the model here: :smile:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Going back to my earlier post about the Jensen Interceptor..... nice vid about the model here: :smile:

As a complete petrol head this is a great thread!

Jensen Interceptor was an interesting concept, British car with an American engine, although many forget the Rover V8 was a Buick engine. My Father had a 74 Interceptor, Silver with black leather, was a good place to be in the back seat as a wee boy.

I don't know about anyone else, but Jay Leno has the best man cave in the world with that garage, be my ultimate dream. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I just ran across this article online....thought some of you other rev-heads might enjoy it... Talk about excess!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/2001-porsche-911-turbo-can-you-go-too-far/ar-AAF8Rxf?li=BBnb4R5

• Like 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

For those of us petrol heads the DRIVETRIBE app is a worth checking out. 

• Like 3