Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Heres a pic from last weekend , my club met for a camping weekend in Northampton, my bikes has the blue wheelFB_IMG_1565109147654.jpg

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I never got to ride in her But, That maybe is my fantasy to have done so This is THRUST 2 of Course

Wow!!! Way cool Jack! Thanks for sharing that! Very impressive and I would have loved to catch a ride on a rocket like that!

Edited by Tommy T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Been a while since last posting here... 

Just saw this article about the new Corvette... makes me drool... always wanted one...

Enjoy!

Finally, official pricing for the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette is out. True to its promise, Chevroletis making the sports car available for less than $60,000. It will start at exactly $59,995 when it goes on sale early next year.

The 2020 Corvette price has increased from the C7 Corvette Stingray, which started at $56,995. Still, the new model is definitely a bargain. The Porsche 718 Cayman S, Jaguar F-Type, and BMW Z4 sDrive M40i are included in a long list of sports cars with higher price tags.

8 cool things about the 2020 Corvette Stingray

The base Corvette Stingray is the 1LT, which comes with plenty of standard features, as listed below. The 2LT trim package starts at $67,295, while the 3LT is priced from $71,945.

Prices increase quickly with options. For $1,195, a performance exhaust raises output from 490 hp and 465 lb-ft of torque to 495 hp and 470 lb-ft. Meanwhile, a front suspension lift system can be added to the 2LT and 3LT trims for $1,495. With this system, you can press a button when approaching an obstacle such as a speed bump, and the location is stored in cloud memory. The next time you approach the location, the lift system activates automatically. Up to 1,000 locations can be stored.

© Motor Trend Staff 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray front three quarters

The Z51 Performance Package is a $5,000 option, bringing the base model to just below $65,000 when so equipped. It is available on any trim, and Chevy says models with the package can hit 60 mph in under 3 seconds. This package adds a performance exhaust and suspension, electronic limited slip differential, front splitter, rear spoiler, larger disc brakes, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer only performance tires, updated axle ratio, enhanced cooling, and front brake cooling inlets.

Powered by

As you probably know, you can now configure the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette on the automaker's consumer site. See how we configured ours here. And read below for a list of key standard features on each trim level of the Corvette Stingray.

2020 Chevrolet Corvette 1LT standard features

-8-way power GT1 seats with Mulan leather

-removable body-color roof panel

-traction control with active handling and launch control

-8-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

-12-inch instrument cluster display

-dual-zone electronic climate control

-rearview camera and Rear Park Assist

-keyless access with push-button start

-cruise control

-Drive mode selector: Tour, Sport, Track, Weather, MyMode, Z-Mode

-10-speaker Bose sound system

-SiriusXM three-month trial

-OnStar one-month trial

2020 Chevrolet Corvette 2LT standard features

-head-up display

-wireless phone charging

-power lumbar and wing seat adjustment

-heated and ventilated seats

-heated steering wheel

-14-speaker Bose Performance Series audio system

-navigation with traffic

-rear camera mirror with auto-dimming

-power folding mirrors

-Performance Data Recorder

-one-year subscription to SiriusXM

-side blind zone alert, rear cross traffic alert

-driver and passenger side seat memory package

-front curb view camera

2020 Chevrolet Corvette 3LT standard features

-GT2 seats with Napa and Mulan leather seating surfaces and carbon-fiber trim

-custom leather-wrapped interior

-suede-wrapped upper interior trim

Source: Chevrolet

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Meanwhile, a front suspension lift system can be added to the 2LT and 3LT trims for $1,495. With this system, you can press a button when approaching an obstacle such as a speed bump, and the location is stored in cloud memory. The next time you approach the location, the lift system activates automatically. Up to 1,000 locations can be stored.

That is a cool trick!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

That is a cool trick!

Yeah... if I had an extra $70k plus, rattling around in my beer fund pocket - plus the almost $2k for the lift system - I might consider buying a car like that... Fun to read about the new technologies...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is an awesome '67 Corvette!  It would be fun to see it go up against a new C8!

• Love it 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I just saw this on MSN.com.

This looks fun, fascinating and interesting to me. Seems like a helluva deal too!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/how-to-build-a-savory-big-block-chevy-with-a-vintage-look/ar-AAFUjE1?li=BBnb4R5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I use to have one of these a long time ago, a Morris Marina ,here is one for sale now , just over £7700 and it’s done 65000 miles .

D14DB15E-D1A1-4FD8-A022-743E23F881CE.jpeg9B9AC1EA-D94C-4FB7-82B5-791A64BE7BD0.jpeg

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

I use to have one of these a long time ago, a Morris Marina ,here is one for sale now , just over £7700 and it’s done 65000 miles .

D14DB15E-D1A1-4FD8-A022-743E23F881CE.jpeg9B9AC1EA-D94C-4FB7-82B5-791A64BE7BD0.jpeg

Ah Reality comes back, Nice one Steve :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

(Marina)

The BL stop-gap car, intended to compete in the company rep' fleet market, using mainly old tried and trusted mechanics , ugly booted variety, or more stylish 'fastback'.  

At that time I had one of its direct competitors,  a brand new Hillman Avenger . Lovely, great handling car,  and driven very (too) enthusiastically by Graham the 20 year-old trainee rep'.  Gave it back in after 12 months and 32,000 miles... most of the body panels having been repaired or replaced during that time. :unsure:

I think £7,500 is a bit rich for what was a very mundane, basic vehicle.   A rarer 1.8 TC,  perhaps. 

Back in the day, all us young reps wanted was a lovely big MK3 Cortina . The dream machine they were. 

My next job... that's exactly what I was given. Yey !  :dance:

For that money,  I'd be looking for a minter of one of those... or a Capri maybe.  

• Like 1