Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

graham59
Posted
Posted

I've owned most of the different Capri models.

The Capris (well, most British cars) were a lot lighter then of course... and with a light back end, cartwheel springs, and probably an 'all or nothing' old style turbo'....exciting.  lol  I'd would have expected it to have been fitted with a LSD though.

Going by the few 2.8 litre Turbo (Tasmin) models produced by TVR, in the 80s, there would have been around 220 bhp on tap. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

S*** oh dear! Nothing more to be said about that! Wow!!!!

graham59
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I would love to get a ride in one of these!!!:smile:

You might enjoy this one then Tommy.  Demonstration drive around Brands Hatch in England (the old GP circuit) .

... Can really get a feel of things. Great driving !  These cars are about handling/cornering ,etc... not just straight line stuff. 

It's also one of my favourite circuits to drive on my Xbox. lol 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Can you remember?  Just 15 years ago, most of our car hobby excitement would come from picking up a copy of Road & Track or Car & Driver.  Now videos abound and are free!  Amazing how fast things have changed!

And I would bet a lot of those guys who can afford those cars made their money in the technology boom!

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

15 years ago? OMW you are asking a lot!!! 

i can barely remember what I did yesterday... But, oddly, I can remember the days going to the drag strip (before drag became,"drag")30+ years ago and watching those powerful rails and funny cars duke it out... wow!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 7/30/2019 at 6:23 PM, graham59 said:

Well, Vinyl roof was almost an impossibility, sad to say, but I did come up with something:

(Plus a short replay of the start of little race around the famous Laguna Seca track) .  :smile:

ForumIMG_20190730_165140.jpg

ForumIMG_20190730_164217.jpg

ForumIMG_20190730_164559.jpg

Thanks for that. I'll take my prize money and put a vinyl top on it!!:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Can you remember?  Just 15 years ago, most of our car hobby excitement would come from picking up a copy of Road & Track or Car & Driver.  Now videos abound and are free!  Amazing how fast things have changed!

And I would bet a lot of those guys who can afford those cars made their money in the technology boom!

Well ....this is from my early days of car racing SIMs (I don't bother with the red and green 'best line' arrows on now. lol )

Where else, but Brands Hatch, though in a rather faster car.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Nicely done! Salamat!!!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

15 years ago? OMW you are asking a lot!!! 

i can barely remember what I did yesterday... But, oddly, I can remember the days going to the drag strip (before drag became,"drag")30+ years ago and watching those powerful rails and funny cars duke it out... wow!!!

Used to go to the local stock car races every Sat. night when the job let me in El Cajon CA. Before that it was Speedway 117 out by the Mexican border in Otay Mesa before they closed down. Loved it and beer was cheap.:cheers:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Union Grove Wisconsin on weekend nights... Drinking age was 18 in Wisconsin, 21 in Illinois... You know where I went!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1