Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

Goodwood revival has to be one of the best classic car events in the world, 2019 nearly sold out already with 200K people attending over the 3 days. Cars and drivers come from throughout the world:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

10 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Well ....this is from my early days of car racing SIMs (I don't bother with the red and green 'best line' arrows on now. lol )

That is a really cool program you have there - very realistic... thanks for sharing it!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

It looks like a demolition derby! And the bikes are like when the ferries are loading up to go to Samal Island!

And so does everyone drive on the grass? Crazy racing!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I would give my left you know what to own THIS car!:tiphat:

34-ford-hot-rod-full-fendered-3-window-chopped-roof-coupe-BNF27A.jpg

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

That is a really cool program you have there - very realistic... thanks for sharing it!

Of course the original quality of the graphics that appear on my home tv screen are  so much better than after they've been recorded with a crappy phone camera and then uploaded to youtube. lol

Things have of course moved on from that (2013 vid of a 2011 SIM). The graphics and physics are just incredible now.  Scratches my continual itch for hooligan fast driving, without risking life, limb, and licence. :biggrin:

This video will probably help to update (I use mainly Forza, on Xbox.  I have proper steering wheels and pedals.... 2 complete sets, and two Xboxes, neatly fitted into my jungle shack now, and connected to fibre internet, for the online racing.  :dance:

The experience (especially with a 'force-feedback' wheel)  is amazingly realistic and totally absorbing.

Everything you see in this video is computer-generated, though the tracks and locations have all been faithfully mapped using the latest laser technology, satellites, etc. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

It looks like a demolition derby! And the bikes are like when the ferries are loading up to go to Samal Island!

And so does everyone drive on the grass? Crazy racing!

Many of the drivers are (very) enthusiastic amateurs, rather than seasoned racing drivers, and of course old-school vehicles being used.

MIx them with pro'  drivers and it makes for some really entertaining racing... probably more exciting than  lot of the more professional stuff...IMO.

Quite a few famous names participating. Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) for instance, has been competing in the classic car events, including these at Goodwood for many years... and is damned good !  :laugh:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Quite a few famous names participating. Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) for instance, has been competing in the classic car events, including these at Goodwood for many years... and is damned good !  :laugh:

Yeah... and isn't he the second richest person in England next to the Queen?:biggrin:

Edited by Tommy T.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yeah... and isn't he the second richest person in England next to the Queen?:biggrin:

:hystery: Well maybe 32nd after Paul Mccartney and Alan Sugar :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The Queen isn't even the richest person in the UK!

• Love it 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

While we are now talking Fantasy I will add this, when I left the Royal Air Force, I worked for The Uk Company "Initial Service" ( Who now pay one of my Pensions) I arranged for this Beast Thrust 2.jpg to appear next to the Aircraft that had the same engine That was the Tornado  Tornado.jpg Although now Surpassed, it managed to hold the World land Speed Record of 600+ Mph at that time I believe now it is Over 700+ mph ( a Different car) with another RAF ex Pilot at the Yoke

I never got to ride in her But, That maybe is my fantasy to have done so This is THRUST 2 of Course

Just saying:smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a word
  • Like 2