Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

We have a small race course here at Subic Bay airport where enthusiasts can take their cars.  In Clark, they have a big one and I think I heard you can drive it once in a while.

Hmmm.... There' still the small matter of affording that fast car, shipping and customs (if foreign), not to mention gas price, insurance and rego? Plus, I have no experience driving a really fast car nor driving on a track so would need a bit of instruction first...

So I will, at least for now, continue the dreaming... 

Edited by Tommy T.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: caught on Cam? or your estimation?

My estimation Jack.  Actually he passed me twice.  The first time I was going 120 and he passed me like I was standing still.  Then he pulled over at a CR rest stop and we passed him.  So he got back on and passed us again.  I think I have a video of the second pass.

200 kph is not much after living in Germany.  A bit slow actually.  We used to drive back and forth between Bonn and Brussels a lot, for company business.  All the guys knew which rental cars were the fastest.  The VW and Ford diesels would easily do 200 and feel solid doing it.  I forget which ones, but there were others.  Unfortunately I was usually one of the white knuckled passengers and our crazy boss would drive.  My Honda Accord Hybrid would go over 210 but I rarely did that.  180 was nice.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Then he pulled over at a CR rest stop and we passed him.

Maybe he had to pull over for gas every 100 km because of driving that speed?

I read somewhere that the Bugatti Cheron (is that the fastest car?) would need to be refilled with gas after 15 minutes driving at or near top speed. You would need to engage tankers to meet you along the way!:hystery:

That's assuming you survived without crashing...

Edited by Tommy T.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe he had to pull over for gas every 100 km because of driving that speed?

I read somewhere that the Bugatti Cheron (is that the fastest car?) would need to be refilled with gas after 15 minutes driving at or near top speed. You would need to engage tankers to meet you along the way!:hystery:

Anyone who owns a Bugatti can probably afford an air tanker to swoop down and fill er up!  :smile:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Anyone who owns a Bugatti can probably afford an air tanker to swoop down and fill er up!  :smile:

Yeah...maybe you can order one with the in-flight refueling equipment? I mean, you are basically flying at those speeds right? You would just have to be careful not to out-run the tanker!!!:laugh:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

air tanker to swoop down and fill er up! 

That'll be me then :whistling:

helocopter tanker.jpg :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

200 kph is not much after living in Germany.  A bit slow actually. 

Not in my world it isn't!  

No matter how good a driver you are, at that speed your ability to react to danger is diminished.  

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, hk blues said:

No matter how good a driver you are, at that speed your ability to react to danger is diminished. 

Of course that is true!  IMHO the fast drivers in Germany are usually good drivers and have good training.  The big danger on the autobahn is the inexperienced slow drivers who should not be on the autobahn.  They don't understand that the gas pedal is there when they have to pass.  When they pull out in the fast lane going way too slow, that is when bad accidents happen.  Autobahn capable cars need very good brakes and suspension to handle high speed emergency braking.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The big danger on the autobahn is the inexperienced slow drivers who should not be on the autobahn. 

Yes OMW but and there is always a but, it is Always someone else's fault, when tragedy hits. When will we learn "speed thrills but Speed Kills"

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

In 2002 I bought a 2001 Acura CL Type S Coupe.  I wasn't really looking but some guy put his 6 month old car for sale at such a bargain price that I bought it.  He needed cash to close on his house purchase.  I bought it in the San Francisco Bay area right before I moved to Florida.  It only had 4 or 5 k miles on it, I think, and was spotless.  I really didn't like the styling.  Boring.  But it could get up and go with a 3.2 L V6.  In Florida, I lived a few blocks from Okeechobee Hwy in South Florida, and late at night you could open it up without too much worry of other cars, especially the LED type!  :dance:

It could hit about 140 mph, 235 kph.

P1010012 1.jpg  side1 1.jpg

Engine_01 (Medium).jpg  rear (Medium).jpg

• Like 2