Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I came across these videos on You Tube.  Do you think if I keep showing them to my wife she will get the idea?

Yeah... she might get the idea - and expect YOU to buy her a Corvette!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

Here is another one of my favorite cars that I owned during the 1980's … A 1972 Chevy Camero SS w/400 cu. in. small block.I assembled the engine myself using only the best high performance parts.Turbo 400 trans coupled to a positive traction rear end with 373 gears.I'm estimating 350-375 HP for this engine... I  ended up selling it back to the kid I bought it from.He still owns here locally.

Hmmmm...... wonder if I've got one of those in my Xbox collection.  :89:

(Goes to have a look) 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well Ice Patrol... I could only come up with a 1970 Z28, but I've upped the power to 420 bhp, and uprated suspension and brakes, so I don't embarrass myself racing it for you in a little video, which I will hopefully post later.  Howsabout a lap of Indianapolis GP circuit ?  :biggrin:

ForumIMG_20190721_204822.jpg

ForumIMG_20190721_204723.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

Well Ice Patrol... I could only come up with a 1970 Z28, but I've upped the power to 420 bhp, and uprated suspension and brakes, so I don't embarrass myself racing it for you in a little video, which I will hopefully post later.  Howsabout a lap of Indianapolis GP circuit ?  

ForumIMG_20190721_204822.jpg

WoW! Looks awesome and I know its fast.I need to add this Sweet Camaro Z28 to the fleet of Ice Patrol cars.That will bring it up to a grand total of 2. :laugh: 

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

A quick 5 lap sprint round Sebring, against more modern machinery... which 'we' won, of course. :biggrin:  

Here's a snippet of the first lap. Excuse usual crap quality after uploading :

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

...And here's the lap of honor.  :dance:   Some slight damage to the rear panel, after some oaf biffed us up the arse at the start.  :sad:

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2019 at 8:31 AM, Old55 said:

55mph on water is darn fast.

It is. I got my boat up to about 40 once on a calm surface. I felt like I was doing 80. Every little bump is magnified! Hell of a rush though. :867:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

It is. I got my boat up to about 40 once on a calm surface. I felt like I was doing 80. Every little bump is magnified! Hell of a rush though. :867:

55 on water does seem fast, but is very common now.  Most ski boats can go that fast.  My niece's ski boat just had one outboard and it would do 60+ mph with only 2 people on board.  Of course, that was on glassy water only.  They also had a waverunner that was fast.  I think at least 45-50.  That was 15 years ago.  I just Googled "Waverunner top speed".  Wow!

"The Yamaha GP1800 has a top speed of 78 mph (125.5 kph), and can reach 0-30 in under 2 seconds. This is the fastest top speed out of the entire Yamaha line up."

These speeds are the main reason water accidents are very deadly these days.  Alcohol & speed don't mix!  It used to be that drinking and driving a boat was not illegal, but I think most states have changed that now.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

On 7/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, OnMyWay said:

I came across these videos on You Tube.  Do you think if I keep showing them to my wife she will get the idea?

You might find this article interesting? From MSNBC Autos section:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-sports/2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-vs-ford-gt-a-specs-comparison/ar-AAEAbq7

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

$60,000 Corvette or $500,000 GT?  Not many people have the means to consider making that choice.

That fact that the GM Corvette team came in with a $60,000 base model is quite amazing, considering what you get.  That fact that it can be compared side by side with the GT proves that.

When they come out with the new ZR-1 Corvette, look out!  It will probably be $150,000 and blow the socks off of all competition!  The current ZR-1 already does that for $135,000.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette-zr1-supercar

• Like 3
  • Love it 1