Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

OK, now for my favorite practical car, my 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid.  In 2006 I bought it brand new while living in Florida, and a few months later I found out I was moving to Germany.  Luckily, it only cost me about $700 out of pocket to add it to the container of household goods that my company paid for.  Moving a car was not part of the deal.

It became a great autobahn car!  My friends and I took many trips in it.  3.0 L V6 with electric boost at the front wheels.  It was speed limited to 132 mph, about 212 kph.  The suspension was a bit soft for those speeds, but I drove it at 80-100 mph for long stretches with 5 adults inside and luggage in the back, no problem.  It had idle stop and cylinder management, but it was not super economical.  Just ok.  At 70 mph, it would get about 35 mpg with just me in it. They only made it for 2 model years, 2006-2007.

So it was in Germany from 2006 to 2010.  I was going to sell it there when I moved back, and took these pictures below.  However, there was not any interest in Germany, so I again paid to bring it back to the U.S.  I think it only cost me $500 this time.  I kept it in Kentucky for two years, then made my farewell tour across the U.S. in it, then sold it to my sister in California when I flew out to PH.  They kept it for a few years then sold it to a childhood friend of mine, who I think still has it!

P1050889.JPG  P1050881.JPG

P1050886.JPG  P1050884.JPG

I can understand why you loved this honda because I had  03 Honda accord coupe with the v6.The best MPG I ever got was 28.I think your 2006 Accord was getting pretty good  Mpg as a Hybrid.These cars had excellent power and comfort.Great handeling also.These V6 Accords appeared to be nothing more than a mundane soccer mom mobile but think again.This car would cruise at speeds of 85 - 95 mph with ease.I would have loved to have taken my Honda on the Autobahn ….

Edited by Ice Patrol
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay, Geoff... I give!... but 310 hp for a boat sounds outrageous - I want a ride in one!!!

Tommy, the newer boats have incredible power!  If I were buying a a boat for the ocean now, I would want twin outboards so if one goes down, you have a reserve.

Twin 300 hp Mercury V8s!

Or how about 4!

• Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Ice Patrol said:

I can understand why you loved this honda because I had  03 Honda accord coupe with the v6.The best MPG I ever got was 28.I think your 2004 Accord was getting pretty good  Mpg as a Hybrid.These cars had excellent power and comfort.Great handeling also.These V6 Accords appeared to be nothing more than a mundane soccer mom mobile but think again.This car would cruise at speeds of 85 - 95 mph with ease.I would have loved to have taken my Honda on the Autobahn ….

Yes, I loved that car and the whole Accord line has been awesome for years.  When I bought it, I first went to the Lexus dealer and drove a GS 300 (??) and I think that was the first year for that one.  I almost bought it.  Then I stopped by Honda to see what they had, not intending to look at the hybrid.  The sales guy suggested I try it and wow, I was sold.  Far nicer than the Lexus.  Another feature it had was Active Noise Cancelling that made it seem even quieter than it was.

I also owned a 2003 Acura CL Type S coupe at that time.  Another fun car!  I think I have some pics somewhere.  I didn't really like the styling but I got a great deal on it, and it was quick!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Nice!  A big hole in the water!  My dad had a 27' cabin cruiser for a while but it was cramped.  You need at least something that size.  Did you trailer it?

It has been said the best two days of a boat owners life are the day he bought the boat and the day he sold it!

That 34' sedan was to tall & wide to trailer without a permit.  Not worth it for me.  Plus launching that size requires the use and expense of a travel lift each time.  Much easier to just keep it in a slip at the marina.  For those times I wanted to get somewhere longer distance faster I used my 28' cruiser which was on a triple axle trailer pulled by 3/4 ton diesel Suburban.  Sleeping for 6 with head and shower and nice small galley + air con also.  When fully loaded the boat and trailer weighed 10,000+ lbs without fuel and water. Length was 53+' truck and boat.  Truck averaged 10 mpg during several trips to south Florida. 

img001.jpg

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Comes To mind :56da632e94212_1(60):

No comment...

Edited by Tommy T.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay guys.. I see that this direction is not welcome now, so I am done with this conversation... 

Tom you have obviously not see OMW's post of it is OK with him, No need for the Dramatics :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm fine with including our boats, ships and yachts, and related stories!  I'm a fan as well.

@Tommy T. JFYI Tom as I doubt you have read it OK?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

@Tommy T. JFYI Tom as I doubt you have read it OK?

Unrelated question.  Does that notify them when you tag like that?  @Tommy T.    I have been wondering.

• Like 1

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Apologies for going a bit off topic (but I think we've just about seen everyone's cars now!).

Below is a picture of my Sleekline cross over fitted with a 350 cubic inch Mercury V-8 - carby version.  It was in a mild state of tune and only making 310 horse power because it was better to have low down grunt to pull the skiers and boarders out of the water.  It'd still do 55 mph (90kph) though.

sleekline 1.jpg

engine.jpg

Looks awesome! Of course it is water sports oriented....Few things are better that a sunny day on the water with friends and / or family :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

Unrelated question.  Does that notify them when you tag like that?  @Tommy T.    I have been wondering.

Yes Don they get a notice that they have been tagged, a very useful Tool at times :thumbsup:

• Like 2