Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

graham59
Posted
Posted

Getting my hands dirty, upgrading suspension and brakes on my friend's TVR 'S' Series (2.9 litre V6 injected engine, with 190 bhp). 

Me working on Nick's S2.jpg

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The Triton also had front and rear locking differentials, roof rack with carry spots for sand recovery tracks, high lift jack and was fitted with a 50 litre water tank, long range diesel tank and slide out rear drawers and a 12 volt fridge.

Geoff... your vehicle makes you sound like the Road Warrior!:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

I've only owned one street rod (in UK) .... known as a 'T-Bucket', with a Rover V8 up front, when in my twenties.  Sadly, pics were lost years ago, but what a poser's car that was. lol  

Some nice footage of my fave motor sport, and machines.  Aaah.... 'American Graffiti' . :867:

(Only 1/8th mile strip, this one. The regular big strips are 1/4 mile ).

Oh What fun! We had a local 1/4 mi drag strip locally here in the 1960's and I got to see some of the really cool cars from the UK run such as the Ford Angulia,henry j ,36 willis coupe, and more. It would be a rarity to see a streetrod race like this one anywhere around now.Great Vid for sure! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice 4x4.  I'd love a wrangler to drive in the Philippines but no place to park another car.

Edited by GeoffH

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted

Would love to bring my Toyo 4x4 to the Phills with me...hehe - I know better cause I have some of the shipping stories.Think it would make a nice all round cruiser with some occasional light off roading .2008 Limited w/ V8.And the air con works great. :mocking:

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3122.JPG

• Like 4

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Beetlejuice said:

My favorite car was my very first brand new car – a 1980 Ford-Mercury RS Turbo.

turbo.thumb.JPG.734d32be44faac5a857b2d0690996ef8.JPG

The young girls (not too young, since I wasn’t in the Philippines :laugh:) loved to take rides in my new car.

I also loved to go as fast as possible (without getting stopped by the police), sometimes up to 120 mph.  The downside was that I wrecked the car 3 times in less than a year.  Fortunately, no one was ever injured.  :smile:

After the 3rd and final repair, I voluntarily gave it back to the Ford motor credit company and I drove an old clunker again. :sad:

Sweet!

My first new car was the 1979 Ford Mustang Turbo in grey.  Lots of fun, could get rubber shifting through all 4 gears and I redlined it in 4th (like you) and reached the 120 mph.  Burned the clutch up within 20,000 miles.:laugh:  Had a tendency to flex though when changing lanes too quickly.  I had the right front tire raise off the pavement one time.:shock_40_anim_gif:Not all dealerships knew how to reinstall the turbo piping though, not done correctly and you got no boost(found that out having the clutch replaced). 

Sold it when I got a company car (field rep) and didn't want it to just sit.

Edited by Hobbit112
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Love it, or hate it?

It is taking a while, but I am starting to like it!

• Like 4
  • Love it 1