Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

When I bought the black vette in California and drove it back to Kentucky, I ran into a classic car tour called the Copperstate 1000.  This group gets together every year and drives a 1000 mile route around Arizona.  Many, many beautiful cars!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7jhVjUgix6BNY3fb7

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

When I bought the black vette in California and drove it back to Kentucky, I ran into a classic car tour called the Copperstate 1000.  This group gets together every year and drives a 1000 mile route around Arizona.  Many, many beautiful cars!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7jhVjUgix6BNY3fb7

Rich folk and their toys .:smile:

• Like 4

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I love that classic 'Vette design. It looks fast just sitting there. Think about all the volume for the engine and putting out "only 360 hp? And today some companies make pint-sized 6 cylinder cars that put out, what, over 400? But, don't get me wrong, 360 hp is plenty for me!:laugh:

According to what I have seen and read,the 360 hp was a very conservative rating by GM... in an attempt to make insurance more affordable for corvette owners.I am very certain that engine had well over 400 Hp.Yes-the styling of the Corvettes during the 1960 was incredible.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Ice Patrol said:

According to what I have seen and read,the 360 hp was a very conservative rating by GM... in an attempt to make insurance more affordable for corvette owners.I am very certain that engine had well over 400 Hp.Yes-the styling of the Corvettes during the 1960 was incredible.

Yes... I have read, too, about downward ratings on some of the 60's and later muscle cars to keep EPA and insurance companies happy. I love almost all the Corvette body styles, but somehow the 60's versions just catch my eye, maybe because they are so different from most other sports cars? I always wanted one of those 327 cu in 350 hp 'Vettes with the split rear window? Do I have my facts straight there? It was the first car I read about in a car magazine that put out a higher hp than number of cu in...

• Like 2

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yes... I have read, too, about downward ratings on some of the 60's and later muscle cars to keep EPA and insurance companies happy. I love almost all the Corvette body styles, but somehow the 60's versions just catch my eye, maybe because they are so different from most other sports cars? I always wanted one of those 327 cu in 350 hp 'Vettes with the split rear window? Do I have my facts straight there? It was the first car I read about in a car magazine that put out a higher hp than number of cu in...

Not sure about the Hp rating of the 1963 split window .But the 327 cu.in Fuel injection engine was a option for that car.I think the Hp. was 350 -360 .Actually I remember riding my bike as a kid to the local chevy dealer and stopping to take a long look at this split window corvette.The window sticker price was $4300.00 USD .

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

Ford Elite with white leather interior.  A hood that stretched forever and a beautiful ride.

image.jpeg

beautiful touring car for two!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

TVR today.... update.  Wish I could afford one now !  :huh:

• Like 2