Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

graham59
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

Not sure about the Hp rating of the 1963 split window .But the 327 cu.in Fuel injection engine was a option for that car.I think the Hp. was 350 -360 .Actually I remember riding my bike as a kid to the local chevy dealer and stopping to take a long look at this split window corvette.The window sticker price was $4300.00 USD .

I think I'm going to have to re-create one of those split rear window 'Vettes.... but you and Tommy T. are going to have to share the driving. :smile:

Watch this space.... :wink:

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

1980 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau with 5.0L V8, Michelin TRX suspension, tires and wheels.  Automatic headlights, cruise control, premium sound system, keyless entry, sunroof and factory installed CB radio.  

How many gallons of gas per mile?:89:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I think I'm going to have to re-create one of those split rear window 'Vettes.... but you and Tommy T. are going to have to share the driving. :smile:

Hehehe... You're on!!! I'd be happy just riding shotgun too!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Hehehe... You're on!!! I'd be happy just riding shotgun too!

Here you are my friend.... duly arranged,  some pics, plus a little run out at the Indy GP circuit.  I couldn't find a split rear screen model, but I hope you'll like this 1967 C2, 427cu.in, that I've upgraded somewhat to race spec' . :thumbsup:

Click on them for clearer pics. 

ForumDSCN8128.JPG

ForumDSCN8122.JPG

ForumDSCN8127.JPG

Edited by graham59
Added video
  • Love it 3
  • Haha 2

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Yes... I have read, too, about downward ratings on some of the 60's and later muscle cars to keep EPA and insurance companies happy. I love almost all the Corvette body styles, but somehow the 60's versions just catch my eye, maybe because they are so different from most other sports cars? I always wanted one of those 327 cu in 350 hp 'Vettes with the split rear window? Do I have my facts straight there? It was the first car I read about in a car magazine that put out a higher hp than number of cu in...

Heres a few pics of this iconic sports car.The Silver Corvette with the Badge on the fender (last pic) is just like the one I saw in 1963...

1963-Chevrolet-Corvette-Coupe-Split-Window-1563-1.jpg

116329_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

1963-chevrolet-corvette-split-window-resto-mod-01.jpg

ca0816-259031_2@2x.jpg

Edited by Ice Patrol
added text info
  • Like 1
  • Love it 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 7/15/2019 at 2:09 PM, Ice Patrol said:

Heres my 1971 Corvette for you....7.4L / 454 cu.in. ,4 sp. manual ,360 Hp.It had a nice tone with the Sidepipes :mocking: The pic is from 1976.Wish GM would bring this car back in retro form.

IMG_20190715_0002_NEW.jpg

Years ago I encountered a man and his corvette of this model. He had a trailer hitch on his. Yes, it was Texas.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My brother's roadster.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Love it 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, graham59 said:

Here you are my friend.... duly arranged,  some pics, plus a little run out at the Indy GP circuit.  I couldn't find a split rear screen model, but I hope you'll like this 1967 C2, 427cu.in, that I've upgraded somewhat to race spec'

Bwahahahaha!!! That is truly amazing! It is quite realistic. Have you ever fallen out of your seat during your enthusiastic rides? I have never seen game video like that before. I guess I still live in the stone age...