Post up your favorite cars and car stories!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It will probably be $150,000 and blow the socks off of all competition! 

:hystery: Well my Friends I think you are all living a Fantasy Life on the Fantasy Islands :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Well my Friends I think you are all living a Fantasy Life on the Fantasy Islands :whistling:

You're right, Jack...besides where can anyone drive 200 mph here without worrying about hitting any of the multiple fixed and mobile road hazards?... But the dreaming's free!:biggrin:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That fact that the GM Corvette team came in with a $60,000 base model is quite amazing, considering what you get.  That fact that it can be compared side by side with the GT proves that.

I'm still not sure if I like the design of the new 'Vette, but it is sortof growing on me. But even $60k base price is out of my league too! They were out of my league when they were ~$10k forever ago too... 

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:
22 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm still not sure if I like the design of the new 'Vette, but it is sortof growing on me.

I must admit growing up I never was a Vette fan.  Even after some rides with friends they couldn't win me over.  The style was just not to my liking.  Now the new one is a different matter.  When I first saw the body I seemed to like it.  I had to see several pictures and profiles before I could even see the "Vette"  within the car.  Although I am no longer in need of a fast sports car, if I for some reason moved back to the states and went through another mid-life crises, I would have to take another look at this new Vette.  Not buy it, just take a look. :shades: I'm all about practical usage.  SUV or small truck at this stage of life.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Deleted

Edited by OnMyWay
Quoted wrong post!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

You're right, Jack...besides where can anyone drive 200 mph here without worrying about hitting any of the multiple fixed and mobile road hazards?... But the dreaming's free!:biggrin:

SCTEX between Subic and Clark used to be capable of some high speeds.  A few years back a Bentley passed me going 200+ kph.

However, now they have some speed cams and I know people who have gotten tickets, and you have to pay them in Manila!

And then, after the last earthquake, some of the bridges have "launch ramps" at the beginning and end.  Hit one of those at 150 kph and you will be airborne!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

We have a small race course here at Subic Bay airport where enthusiasts can take their cars.  In Clark, they have a big one and I think I heard you can drive it once in a while.

Screenshot (505).png  Screenshot (503).png

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

A few years back a Bentley passed me going 200 kph

:89: caught on Cam? or your estimation?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

However, now they have some speed cams and I know people who have gotten tickets, and you have to pay them in Manila!

So I guess we are relegated to X-Box cars in the living room? And you can drink and drive too! At least you don't get a ticket there? Or does one get a citation (or warning) from the wife for being too preoccupied?:hystery:

I read about an Australian guy who received a speeding ticket automatically sent to him in the mail. So, being a bit of a wise-ass, he mailed in a photo he took of the amount of the fine. The police or court sent him back a photo of handcuffs... He paid the fine...:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

I heard you can drive it once in a while.

AH Well OMW, may after all the stories we are reading, why Not Try and organise a PEF Grand Prix :smile: