No more beef

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Anybody notice Jack's doing a lot of thinking lately?

I know he will come up with an answer to all this soon....."Life goes on"  :tiphat:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

My opinion on climate change is its mother natures way of forever changing things. Thousands of years ago the grand canyon was underwater! There were no smoke belching cars around then ! The earth is always changing because of earthquakes and volcanoes, but the snowflakes at universities do not like history !

It is precisely because there were no smoke belching cars, and vast tracts of land be deforested, that the earth was able to heal itself and put itself back into balance.  The problem is that we are screwing up the environment far faster than the earth can possibly bring it back into balance.  Just my opinion of course.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Just my opinion of course.

And everyone has one.  Truth is we, humans, have to care for the planet whether we believe in human caused climate change or not.

We had to cut back on emmisions to clean up smog in L.A.  We had to stop rivers from dying like the Thames.  We have to stop all the trash washing up on the beaches around the world.

In short we have to clean up after ourselves so we have a nice environment to live in.  When we control all the polution from coal plants and fossil fuel burning vehiles, (and eat all the farting cows etc), then the climate may get back to normal on its own.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well maybe I just found the answer........ This New Hyundai Car Runs On The Poop Of California Residents, And The

Can you imagine the smell by the time it arrives in the UK! :Caught:  ( I am joking)

Edited by Kuya John
(In case I'm taken seriously )

jimeve
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

My opinion on climate change is its mother natures way of forever changing things. Thousands of years ago the grand canyon was underwater! There were no smoke belching cars around then ! The earth is always changing because of earthquakes and volcanoes, but the snowflakes at universities do not like history !

Exactly, we are still receding from an ice age. (interglacial ) The last one was 10,000 years ago, again no trucks, planes, trains or power stations.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

but the snowflakes at universities do not like history !

You guy's are really messing up my mind

The last one was 10,000 years ago,

Was that when they had Solar heating? ........ just a thought.......:tiphat:

Yes jimeve didn't say "but the snowflakes at universities do not like history" (it was expat)

Edited by Kuya John
need to drink more water

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Exactly, we are still receding from an ice age. (interglacial ) The last one was 10,000 years ago, again no trucks, planes, trains or power stations.

Edited by Kuya John
Cant find delete button for quote

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Finally, I agree with some of the comments floating around here... My opinion is still - as before - that we humans are not doing our space ship, Planet Earth, any good with all our activities of smoke, farting people and cows, cars, industry... And yes, we should pick up and clean up after ourselves a lot better than we have been doing... Just my opinion...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Finally, I agree with some of the comments floating around here... My opinion is still - as before - that we humans are not doing our space ship, Planet Earth, any good with all our activities of smoke, farting people and cows, cars, industry... And yes, we should pick up and clean up after ourselves a lot better than we have been doing... Just my opinion...

Agree.  Elon Musk wants us to go to Mars and terraform the planet.  We haven't even finished destroying the one we have, why the big rush? :whistling:

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Was that when they had Solar heating? ........ just a thought.......:tiphat:

Solar heatings been there since the sun was created.....just another thought :shades:......So yes it was, only that it was not very hot that's why we have ice ages, think earth's had five in total and there's would be another in 50,000 years time but because of man made climate change there may not be another ice age.

• Like 2