Food

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yeah... L found some T-bone steak at a local Lisa Meats - frozen - and bought a couple of them - about 1 1/2 inch thick.

They were expensive - maybe US$7-8/pound - but very tasty and very tender... Probably the best steak I have had since coming her almost 4 years ago. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... L found some T-bone steak at a local Lisa Meats - frozen - and bought a couple of them - about 1 1/2 inch thick.

Must have been a big carabao.  Sometimes they just die of old age. :hystery:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Sometimes they just die of old age.

Ugh... like us, Mike? Perish the thought!!! (at least this one was grass-fed... and maybe mangoes? very tender and tasty...)

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Old55 said:

Dried pinto beans at S&R as well? :th_thbarbaque:

No. That's one of the things I was looking for to make Texas style chili. I got some pinto beans from Shopee once and we made the chili that way, nobody liked it..including me. We're just used to the red beans too much. :cheersty:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Many years ago in Australia, a friend and I decided we wanted to get pizza for ourselves and a few others and bring them back to the marina in the Sunshine Coast, north of Brisbane.

My friend insisted we go to Pizza Hut, mainly because it was the cheapest pizza around (he is more Canadian than me, okay?).

We go up to the counter and the bright teenager there meets us. I ask, "What size pizzas to you have?" She replied, "Only one size, sir... It's LARGE!"

I looked at the cooking pan sample hanging on the wall behind her (it was maybe 12 inches diameter). I said, "What do you mean by large?"

She beamed, "It's 12 slices!"

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2019 at 10:21 AM, roddavis said:

I found USDA  steak at Bel Chris in Cebu. Has about 5 stores from Minglanila to outside IT Park in Cebu.

Where is Belcris near It Park? 

• 2 weeks later...
roddavis
Posted
Posted

Just bought some more steaks at BelChris:

JGF: The one by IT Park Cebu is on Gov M Cuenco in Banilad where the road divides one elevated and the other just goes straight.

Bout five  kilos frozen USDA steaks at P500 per Kilo or under $5 US per pound. Not a bad price for a steak, USDA, taste great!

• Like 2

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, roddavis said:

Just bought some more steaks at BelChris:

JGF: The one by IT Park Cebu is on Gov M Cuenco in Banilad where the road divides one elevated and the other just goes straight.

Bout five  kilos frozen USDA steaks at P500 per Kilo or under $5 US per pound. Not a bad price for a steak, USDA, taste great!

Actually that is a great price for USDA steaks!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Hobbit112 said:

Actually that is a great price for USDA steaks!

You are right. Lisa Meats here in Davao sells frozen T-bone steaks - I think they are the best you can get in this city. L bought some for a treat for us and they were about P700/kg. Nice, flavourful and tender, but not cheap.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2019 at 10:13 AM, roddavis said:

S&R had a pint size in the dairy glass last week. Bought the litter sour cream and it was great!

I got one of those containers of Nestle sour cream at S&R 2 weeks ago and decided to introduce baked potato with butter, chives, and sour cream to my family. They want more. Now My GF is going to start looking to see if they have it at Savemore and Puregold. 

• Love it 1