Food

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I got one of those containers of Nestle sour cream at S&R 2 weeks ago and decided to introduce baked potato with butter, chives, and sour cream to my family. They want more. Now My GF is going to start looking to see if they have it at Savemore and Puregold. 

Cool! L loves it when I make baked potatoes with butter, garlic, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper... Don't have chives yet...

I have been finding the so-called sour cream always now at SM. Before, they never had it when I looked. And sometimes it is even a bit heavier and thicker like in USA, so maybe somebody read this forum and heard our complaints?

Enjoy your spuds!!!

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Cool! L loves it when I make baked potatoes with butter, garlic, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper... Don't have chives yet...

I have been finding the so-called sour cream always now at SM. Before, they never had it when I looked. And sometimes it is even a bit heavier and thicker like in USA, so maybe somebody read this forum and heard our complaints?

Enjoy your spuds!!!

It's not really chives. It's just the top of the long onions that look like chives, I think. Sure tastes good though. Chives or not, this just means I will be getting fatter than I already am!:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

• Love it 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Do they have baloney in the Philippines?

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

The place is full of it, believe me!  

• Haha 3

roddavis
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Yeochief said:

Bought 4 packs and salami at S&R about 3 months back, but didn't see it there last week. 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Yes!! Me. I'm full of it. Ha..I did buy some imported baloney at S&R once. Can't remember the brand name but it wasn't as good as I remembered. Ended up giving it away to the trike drivers on the corner.:mellow:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Plenty of Old Baloney on this site just now

That is because people "like" baloney :hystery:

EDIT:  Betting I get a lot of "likes" for this one LOL

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

• 2 weeks later...
Shaz
Posted
Posted
On 9/18/2019 at 10:02 AM, Guest jerry921 said:

I retired early and moved to Mexico. Living outside the US was part of my plan to avoid the US individual insurance market. For a long time, I'd been planning on retiring to Thailand, but I have a 99 year-old parent still living in the Washington DC area, and Thailand was just too far away, so I ended up in Mexico. I have decided, though, that eventually I'd like to try a different country, and the Philippines checks a lot of my boxes.

But there are some things I worry about. One of the biggest is food. I like to have a wide variety of 'foreign' restaurants available. (That's one of the things I'm less than happy with in Mexico, it's too much Mexican food and not many other choices). Ideally, I'd like to live in a place with Italian, Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican, Indian and American restaurants all within maybe a half hour's travel from where I live. They don't have to be high-end places, probably better if they aren't (I didn't list French not because I don't love it, but because I usually prefer not to pay for it). So for this reason I'm guessing I need to be at least on the edge of a larger city - and maybe somewhere other than the Philippines. You tell me.

The second half of this worry is I don't know anything about Filipino food. I've had it once, don't know what I had, and wasn't partial to whatever it was. You hardly ever find Filipino restaurants in the US - is that a warning sign? 

Obviously you're going to tell me to take a vacation and try the food, but for that I need to pick a specific destination, and for that I need to put together a list of possible retirement locations, and for that I need to know what size cities have foreign restaurants. Am I going to be told Manila or forgetaboutit? 

All opinions appreciated.

If you love seafood then Breakthrough and Tatoy’s restaurant are the best. If u want variety, just go to SM Southpoint, the Plazuela, or at the Atria to choose wide range of filipino, spanish, italian, chinese, mexican, etc. dishes.

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/27/2019 at 2:50 PM, Shaz said:

If you love seafood then Breakthrough and Tatoy’s restaurant are the best. If u want variety, just go to SM Southpoint, the Plazuela, or at the Atria to choose wide range of filipino, spanish, italian, chinese, mexican, etc. dishes.

It shows the lack of originality here - in Iloilo we have SM Southpoint, Plazuela and Atria too!  Plenty of Tatoy's too!  

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 2