Food

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

My taste buds are so warped that I can't tell the difference.

Sorry, AK, but I had to ask (with all due respect, sir)...

Is it only your taste buds that are warped?:hystery: (Joke, my friend:hystery:)

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I didn't get to Seattle until 1998. I may have eaten at the Hungry U if it was around at the time. I recall my then-gf taking me to a number of places on 15th Ave including a Brazillian place.

We used to take-n-bake Papa Murphy's quite often when we lived in Ballard. There was one nearby on Holman Road/15th. 

Yeah... I left Seattle in '93. Hungry U was long gone - replaced by a really good Indian restaurant - and that is probably long gone by now too?

I loved Papa Murphy's - still do. In the early days of that franchise, my ex and I became sort-of friends with the owner of the branch in Redmond. We would always order the "garbage" pizza - Papa's favourite? - with anchovies and sliced cold tomatoes for on top. This helped us build our house there! Every Friday night, that was our treat. Maybe not the best pizza in the world, but for just around $10 in the early '80's to mid 90's, it was just sooo nice. Get a pizza, cook it while firing up a movie, and then enjoy at home with cold beer!

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Tonight's dinner -  Tommy's Tex-Mex Burrito

Burrito.jpg

OK you will know the answer to this:  What ingredients & where to buy Mexican stuff?  I'm no cook, and Mexican food is all new to my wife.  She likes it, and we've taken a stab at trying to prepare it.  But we are missing the chile powder or salsa, or whatever it is that needs to go in it. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is another topic thread that is more appropriate for this:

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/30920-i-cant-cook/page/3/#comments

So please go here and I will tell you some of my secrets.

Be aware, however, that I may need to kill you after sharing my secrets?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry, AK, but I had to ask (with all due respect, sir)...

Is it only your taste buds that are warped?:hystery: (Joke, my friend:hystery:)

Depends on how many beers I've consumed..not really, I'm pretty warped! That burrito looks scrumptious.:cheers:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Depends on how many beers I've consumed..not really, I'm pretty warped!

Yeah... unfortunately, me too... Only with that rotgut Tanduay...:cheers:

Just, please don't tell L... she still thinks I am a nice guy and sort-of normal....:hystery:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Depends on how many beers I've consumed..not really, I'm pretty warped!

Yeah...that's what I figured... Nice to know you, my fellow friend!!!:cheers:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

OK you will know the answer to this:  What ingredients & where to buy Mexican stuff?  I'm no cook, and Mexican food is all new to my wife.  She likes it, and we've taken a stab at trying to prepare it.  But we are missing the chile powder or salsa, or whatever it is that needs to go in it. 

When I was at S&R yesterday I bought another 24 oz container of McCormick taco seasoning. My GF uses it to make taco salad, chili with the kidney beans that you can get at Savemore. Everybody in the family loves her chili. Ground pork with celery and onions, the beans and the taco seasoning. Yummy. We had some leftover cans of refried beans awhile back so she tried mixing the refried beans with ground pork, added some taco seasoning, rolled it up lumpia shanghai style and it was a hit. Savemore sometimes has the taco seasoning but its a hit and miss thing. Good luck.:thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I would have gladly traded my burrito for your steak dinner - if for no other reason than to have that real sour cream!!! I hope you breathed between bites to avoid possible choking hazard?:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

Tommy, not to go too far off topic. You can  make sour cream at home. It’s not difficult  to make and is delicious.  

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

When I was at S&R yesterday I bought another 24 oz container of McCormick taco seasoning. My GF uses it to make taco salad, chili with the kidney beans that you can get at Savemore. Everybody in the family loves her chili. Ground pork with celery and onions, the beans and the taco seasoning. Yummy. We had some leftover cans of refried beans awhile back so she tried mixing the refried beans with ground pork, added some taco seasoning, rolled it up lumpia shanghai style and it was a hit. Savemore sometimes has the taco seasoning but its a hit and miss thing. Good luck.:thumbsup: 

Dried pinto beans at S&R as well? :th_thbarbaque:

• Like 1