Internet provider speeds.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have PLDT home fiber 25 Mbps plan. On the 19th of September it crashed from 10 Mbps to anything as low as.07. I called the hotline and was told 3-6 days. A repair team came out and changed part of the line and it was still no better, we were put on highest priority for a technician to come.

He came the next day and fiddled about with it still no better. 2 days later they come and fit a new line from box on the main  to the router,still no better.

Then we get a new technician 730 on a Sunday evening. He changed the router as the reset button was not working still no better, he then called Cebu and got them to update the plan I was on and bang we get around 28 Mbps now and it`s holding steady. He told us that PLDT have a mandate where they have to supply 80% of the speed you pay for I never knew this before as all I was getting told is up to sir.

I received a message on FB from them to let them know how long it was down and they would refund for the outage, I sent them screenshots and they refunded 700 pesos which really does not compensate for having to wait in all those times(7) but it`s a start.

Have any of you asked your supplier if they have a similar 80% mandate it might be worth your while as you may get a supprise and get more speed.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I'm on the same plan, just done a speed check... 10Mbps, sometimes in the evening we only get 2/3 Mbps, but usually it's 27 Mbps. I'v contacted them and got back to me saying we can't contact you:89:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here in Subic our PLDT is a small subsidiary, PLDT/Subictel.  They told me 60% but that was 3 years ago.  I pay for 50 but get over 100 on a PH server.  Over 50 on a U.S. server.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We have Parasat which is either a PLDT subsidiary or a reseller, they offer cable and fibre.  We’ve got 10 Mbps fibre (which is limited from the 30Mbps plan) and most of the time it runs at about 10.  Occasionally in peak times it drops to about 7.  More consistent than the cable we had from them before this which delivered 10 off peak but as low as 3 during peak times.

• Like 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

I'm on the same plan, just done a speed check... 10Mbps, sometimes in the evening we only get 2/3 Mbps, but usually it's 27 Mbps. I'v contacted them and got back to me saying we can't contact you:89:

We're on the PLDT Fibre in Talay, Dumaguete 25Mbs plan..and most times its around 28Mbs some times even 30Mbs so very happy with it... as I use Kayo app from Australia through ExpressVPN for  live steaming of all Foxtel sports channels....recommend it AUD$25 per month.

Coming back to PLDT 25Mbs plan it is supposedly P1,899 per month but they charge me P1, 999:89:

Keep meaning to ask them... I'm thinking it is the cost of installation spread over x number of months. I thought it was installed during one of their frequent "free installation" promos but maybe I missed out! 

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Im not sure if this applies to all Pldt Fibre routers, we are on the 30mps plan , and our router also has 5g which often reaches 50 -70mps usually the 5g works best in the daytime. And like most our router often slows down to a crawl ! If the router and the line is ok its normally pldts servers that is the problem.

A pldt engineer told us we have 2 ways of getting the speed back.

1. Reset your router by using the 192.168.1.1 method

2. Ping the Pldt router ex makati ( you will need to pm me for details ) as pldt might not like this being known, both these methods clear the servers hence you get your speed back

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OzeMike said:

We're on the PLDT Fibre in Talay, Dumaguete 25Mbs plan..and most times its around 28Mbs some times even 30Mbs so very happy with it... as I use Kayo app from Australia through ExpressVPN for  live steaming of all Foxtel sports channels....recommend it AUD$25 per month.

Coming back to PLDT 25Mbs plan it is supposedly P1,899 per month but they charge me P1, 999:89:

Keep meaning to ask them... I'm thinking it is the cost of installation spread over x number of months. I thought it was installed during one of their frequent "free installation" promos but maybe I missed out! 

The extra 100pesos is for the modem over 24months  or it might be for their family plan

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, OzeMike said:

Coming back to PLDT 25Mbs plan it is supposedly P1,899 per month but they charge me P1, 999

Yes I also want to ask about that maybe I will call 171 tomorrow for the billing department.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My PLDT 25 meg Home Fiber plan at p1899 per month, is pretty consistent (here near Dagupan) at around 27mb up and down.  Comes with a landline... but need to pay an extra subscription for making calls out, other than to PLDT... which I won't be doing.   

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

We àre on the PLDT 50mbps plan via Fibre Optic cable. Cost is 2899 pm.

Generally we get 30 to 40mbps but it can drop considerably during the evening to around 10mbps or even lower. Just had a three day outage but, in fairness, that is unusual. No explanation given as to what the problem was. No mention of any refund, of course. 

• Like 1