Internet provider speeds.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

mobile data service in Canada is 10 times the cost of the mobile data service in Philippines and that's no exageration.

I agree, mobile data in the Philippines is cheap.  At least compared compared to most other places I've been.

Edited by GeoffH

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 6/28/2020 at 5:56 AM, GeoffH said:

I agree, mobile data in the Philippines is cheap.  At least compared compared to most other places I've been.

Cheap and cheerful but crap, at least in my area it is. Trying to makes a phone call, half the time I get a message saying......voice calls can't be made at this time. And sometimes I get a message... you just made a connection to the internet. Not used the phone for internet for about 3 months. (GLOBE) 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Cheap and cheerful but crap, at least in my area it is.

Mobile service in the Philippines is varies a lot depending upon where you are trying to use it.

But I will say that it's been my experience that the further away from a big city you get the worse it gets.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Mobile service in the Philippines is varies a lot depending upon where you are trying to use it.

But I will say that it's been my experience that the further away from a big city you get the worse it gets.

Agreed.  It surprises me (not really) that the telecoms are being allowed to spread high-speed fiber to many areas whilst a significant part of the country has a woefully inadequate service - I'd have insisted they brought at least a minimum usable service to all/most areas before providing super services to the few. 

And now they want to have online classes for huge swathes of the country!  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

And now they want to have online classes for huge swathes of the country!  

Welcome.jpg Welcome to the Philippines :rolleyes:

• Like 2