Internet provider speeds.

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OzeMike said:

Re: PLDT free speed increase for existing customers

Yep same thing here been driving me crazy.... was beginning to think it was a scam:89:

Pldt keep sending us codes but all are invalid last 2 at 5.10 pm tried to enter the codes but invalid

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Pay all our bills online through my bdo acct

Me too. Very straightforward.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Huggybearman said:

Me too. Very straightforward.

Do you have to go into the bank to set up the on-line account? 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Do you have to go into the bank to set up the on-line account? 

No. It can be done online. I use the BDO app, but I am sure the online portal is the same, or similar.

To set up (enroll) a payment to a company you first go to - Enrollment Services - Enroll Company/Biller - Find the company you wish to enroll (they are listed in alphabetical order. You might have to search a bit as they are not always obvious. For example Globe is listed under its parent company, Innove.

Once enrolled, you go to - Pay Bills - Pay bill using deposit account (or Credit Card if you have a BDO credit card) - Pay Bills - Pay this company biller - select your enrolled company/biller and fill out the payment details and click - Pay. 

Sounds complicated, but is quite straightforward. Once enrolled, subsequent payments can be made in a matter of seconds!

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Pay all our bills online through my bdo acct

My GF has a BDO Debit card. She used it once to buy some poker chips on a Facebook game. Somehow over P7,000 was charged on her account that she had nothing to do with. When she went to complain they had to freeze her card for 30 days to investigate. She got the money back, but now she only uses it at the ATM when needed.:smile:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I check my speed each day and I am getting around 4 ping 27 down and 27 up so happy camper here.

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

I check my speed frequently and am finding that I need to reset my Globe router if I want to stream in the evenings.  During the morning and days the speed is fine but in the evenings my speed will drop down to .1 Mbps or lower.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

I check my speed frequently and am finding that I need to reset my Globe router if I want to stream in the evenings.  During the morning and days the speed is fine but in the evenings my speed will drop down to .1 Mbps or lower.

I remember those days when I had globe.2 1/2 years I was telling them there was something wrong, basically they told me I was mad, 2 weeks before we moved they changed the line as it had too many splices. So when we moved we opted for PLDT instead and that hiccup we had has been the only problem.

Edited by sonjack2847

• 7 months later...
carbpow
Posted
Posted

I would like to get fiber or broadband in my house but cannot seem to, perhaps someone else has had our experience and can offer advice. PLDT and Converge both have fiber on the main road at the entrance to the subdivision. Converge said they could provide service and took our 5000php deposit. Installers came and said it was too far to run as there was no space in the box close to our subdivision. So we requested a return of our deposit but that was 2 months ago and they are unresponsive. Next we contacted PLDT. Salesman came  and said they could provide service, didn't ask for a deposit. Installer came and said no available connection in the box. Called salesman and he said he checked and there was space. Made another application and another installer said no space in the box for another connection.

To my simple mind the thing for both companies to do would be to install a bigger junction box as there are two new developments being built. When I mentioned this the office of PLDT said, "They are expensive." Converge doesn't reply, their customer service is worse than average.

So we remain on a wifi box from Globe. Slow and expensive.

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

I know of subdivisions in my area where the internet companies maximum installed capacity is less than 50% of the build out of lots.  Until there is a high enough demand for new installations they won't do anything. 

• Like 2